Debt Cards

You can use them but when you use a debit vs. a credit card you have no fraud protection.... your acct. could be wiped out by the time you get home... get a credit card for the trip only and pay it off with your funds when you get home.... a better plan

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

Another thing people dont realize is that your bank only allows you to charge a specific amount each day. Usually around the $1000-$1500 mark. You could have $20,000 in the bank but will only be allowed to charge that amount. They neglect to tell you that. So this means that if your charge is above the limit on the last day (which is all the days combined), it will decline the charge. So beware.

You can use them with no problems. Some debit cards have fraud protection. As for going over the daily limit, you can just call them and get it approved over the phone when you're back in port. Make sure to call your bank and let them know you'll be using the card out of the country or they'll shut that bad boy off. Had it happen to me on a honeymoon cruise. Fortunately the pursers desk let me call the bank from the ship phone free of charge to get it turned back on. I have used a debit card on every cruise I've been on and it's worked fine.

Archived