Within walking distance of pier??

aporter47

Yes, there are lots of little shops to browse in. People are very friendly, no pushy vendors in Grand Cayman. In fact, there was a post, a while back, that somebody thought people in Grand Cayman were not friendly because they didn't help/bother them when shopping. To me, this is perfect as I like to look at everything in peace. Better than being surrounded by people as soon as I enter a shop (like in Mexico-----sorry, I know some people enjoy that, but not me).

We just got back and based on the busy tender area they have you probably won't have a full hour before the capt bryans leaves. There are lots of great shops to the left and across the street as you get off and right across the street and upstairs is a great restraunt Breezes where we had the BEST coconut shrimp I have ever had!, others in our group raved about the ribs and spicy jerk chicken as well as red stripe the beer they had ice cold- fast service and busy atmosphere with great view of the port- I would highly recommend it. Conch fritters and crabcakes were good too! It is no frills family friendly but I would definitely return!We had a large party and tasted everyones food!

We just got back and based on the busy tender area they have you probably won't have a full hour before the capt bryans leaves. There are lots of great shops to the left and across the street as you get off and right across the street and upstairs is a great restraunt Breezes where we had the BEST coconut shrimp I have ever had!, others in our group raved about the ribs and spicy jerk chicken as well as red stripe the beer they had ice cold- fast service and busy atmosphere with great view of the port- I would highly recommend it. Conch fritters and crabcakes were good too! It is no frills family friendly but I would definitely return!We had a large party and tasted everyones food!

How were the prices there? We usually don't eat in port, but this sounds good!!!!!!

We went with Captain Bryan's on the Buccaneer last week and had a marvelous time! As previously stated, tendering can take longer than you think. When we got off the tender we went to check in at Captain Bryan's. Do not be discouraged by the lot where you check in. It is a dirt lot with a shed, catamaran being repaired, canopy and a picnic table. They have a bus/van come and take you over to the boat and you will be in for the best excursion of the week! :)

While waiting for the rest of the passengers to sign in, we went to the bakery right in front of Captain Bryan's. Delicious! They also have free internet access where you can post to CruiseCritic!;)

Have a great time!

Michelle

Archived