What is your favorite cruise port to leave from??

pbmsmile

Leaving NYC from Manhattan with the NY skyline, Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, and then going under the Varrazano Bridge with the ship blasting her horn and everyone letting out a whoop as our cruise vacation has started.

My number two would be Venice, Italy. The ships tower over the buildings of that special one-of-a-kind city. That will be changing as they are trying to ban the mega ships from using that port. The ban started in January, but a judge may be revoking it.

I have to say Civitavechio only because that means I've been to Rome. We're lucky to live in south Florida and be close to four major ports, they all have their good and bad points, but best of all is they all have cruise ships waiting to take me away.

Here is a photo from our Venice Sail Away two years ago...we were on the maiden voyage of the Breeze. It is not the best photo as we were in an aft wrap on the wrong side of the ship, so when we passed St Marks square, I had issues with the bright sun. You pass by some of the oldest churches and buildings in Europe.....We will never forget the sail away though...absolutely incredible!!!

DSC_0536.jpg

That is lovely.

I liked sailing from Mobile a lot.

But now it's New Orleans.

We have sailed from Mia , FLL , Port Canaveral. Our next cruise will take us to San Juan . First time. so far .I have to say for us we enjoy Mia South Beach , Biscayne Bay Side Market . The best so far. Next would be Port Canaveral . We stayed at the Radisson Inn a great start to a vacation . Coming from the great white north anywhere warm is great. Cruising addicted.:D

southern Caribbean next.

kruise runner:cool:

Edited by kruise runner