Brilliance Advice for Newbies?

My partner and I are taking our first "real" cruise (we've done the Nile while living in Egypt) at the end of the month, on the Brilliance OTS. Given that we live in the UAE and know Oman well, we are doing it entirely for the getaway aspect of being on the ship, and we're even looking forward to the quiet of the port days, as we're unlikely to disembark except perhaps to lunch with friends in Muscat.

That being the case, I thought I would appeal to the collected expertise of this board and get advice as to what we must (and mustn't) do during our seven days of indulgence. We're a pair of fairly sedentary middle-aged types (the kind who will take a wine package for one of us and a soda pass for the other), and we'll be in a starboard GS.

One question of Truly Enormous Import: can we in fact order a full hot breakfast in the suite, up to and including eggs benedict? I'm likely to be up early for coffee someplace scenic, but the better half will want a largish late-morning breakfast, probably on our own little balcony...

With opinions hardly in short supply hereabouts, I look forward to some good thoughts!

Brilliance is a great ship. For us as far as RCI our "first love". Lots of unique features in Radiance class ships. Like the self leveling pool tables and the window scape elevators. Much more sense of actually being on a ship than in a shopping mall. Viking Crown lounge is a great place to relax during the day and at night watching the wake from the Congo Bar area of the Safari Lounge is very cool. Great treat with staying on the ship would be the outside eating area for Windjammer Cafe - especially warm mornings but evne lunch when everyone else is ashore.

Can't help much with the GS benefits but from reading prior posts my take was that if it is on the MDR breakfast menu it should be available in-suite. RCI site says;

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

You are going to love your GS! Yes, you can order whatever is available from the Main Dining room during its hours of operation for breakfast lunch and dinner for in suite dining. You also have an upgraded room service menu for all other times.

Don't forget the Concierge Lounge which is open 24/7 to you and provides cocktail hour from 5-8:30.

Sea View Cafe is a nice alternative to the WJ buffet and its free.

Being in a suite gives you lots of other perks, reserved seating at the shows, priority boarding - Im not positive about reserved deck seating but I have heard mixed yes and no on that one.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived