Whats up with the Freedom of the Sea Info

RCCL said they would get us the information by the end of March.

We are past whats up with that? I want to know what is just so special about this ship. I have my reservation in but I want to know if its worth it to me.

Im a little worried the ships port Labadee since there is a travel warning.

Come on RCCL give us the dish on this ship!!!. Most of us made our reservation blindly as you wanted. Now hold up to your end of the bargain tell us what so special. I noticed you added 20thousand tons to the ship and over a 1000 more people .You state the cabins are larger so you must have taken from the public areas. So what ever you have planned cant be too massive. Im feeling this is going to be a fizzle.

What do you CC member think?

Brenda and Bob

Peoria, AZ

Your frustration with Freedom is one reason we did not book. As for Labadee, I would not worry too much. There have been Hati travel warnings for years. Where you stop in Labadee is away from most of the action. The cruise lines monitor the safety all the time and if they see any concern they will cancel. Other than a 3-4 months last year when it was real bad, I don't think cancellations happen that often.

This is why I decided not to book the Freedom after all. I am also very disappointed that she will only be doing the Western Itinerary. I will have done that twice by then, and have no desire to do it a third time. I think we are going to book a Southern Caribbean out of San Juan instead. Freedom class or not, I just don't know if it's really worth it.

THey told us on the Mariner last month that the info would be out sometime in april.

Yes the staterooms are bigger, there are more of them, but the ship is also bigger, but the captain also told us that the rooms weren't going to be THAT much bigger....

What details he did reveal are;

1) What is on the current voyager ships would be (The mariner and the Navigator designs)

2) there will be increased children pool areas

That was about all he could/would reveal for now...

I'm just as anxious as everyone else here, but all of this is over a year away. I'm just going to be patient. There will be plenty of time to make any corrections to our bookings. Unfortunately, any live reports won't be available until late May/early June '06. So, I for one, am going to trust that RCCL is building us yet another wonderful ship to vacation on!!!

I'm just as anxious as everyone else here, but all of this is over a year away. I'm just going to be patient. There will be plenty of time to make any corrections to our bookings. Unfortunately, any live reports won't be available until late May/early June '06. So, I for one, am going to trust that RCCL is building us yet another wonderful ship to vacation on!!!

Great attitude!!

Well, the Freedom JS is 277 sq. ft and the Jewel is 293 sq. ft., so what's up with that:confused: :eek:

THey told us on the Mariner last month that the info would be out sometime in april.

Yes the staterooms are bigger, there are more of them, but the ship is also bigger, but the captain also told us that the rooms weren't going to be THAT much bigger....

What details he did reveal are;

1) What is on the current voyager ships would be (The mariner and the Navigator designs)

2) there will be increased children pool areas

That was about all he could/would reveal for now...

Well, the Freedom JS is 277 sq. ft and the Jewel is 293 sq. ft., so what's up with that:confused: :eek:

Maybe this is just a coincidence, but 277 sq. ft. is the same size as the JS on Voyager class. Being that so much of this ship is unpublished, maybe RCCL "borrowed" the published specs from the Voyager class for cabin sizes. Being that the ship isn't built yet, I wouldn't take too much stake in the published cabin size for the time being. Time will eventually clear up all the mysteries.

Archived