Hell Postage Cost

NCSBowtie

Does anyone know what the postage cost to the US from the Caymans is? My fiancee and I have a weird sense of humor, and are planning on sending our thank you notes from Hell while we're there on our honeymoon...thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I made the mistake of waiting to write and send postcards until we reached the last port (Cozumel). Found out that the postcard rate from Mexico to the US is ninety cents!

So all my friends got postcards with neat pictures of Mayan ruins, postmarked from the exotic city of... New Orleans. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Make sure you bring preprinted address labels wit you. The tour moves quickly and you only have enough time to get someone to wait in line at the cashier and have someone get the souvenirs and postcards. Then you have a short time to write a message and put postage and address labels and drop them i the box.

Photocruiser

Keep in mind the 20 cents for a postcard is Cayman $$ I mailed four postcards from Hell and it was just over $1 US.

As far as how much time you have, it depends on the tour you take. We were with Captain Marvin's and had plenty of time to see Hell, buy souvenirs, and address, buy postage, and mail four postcards.

There's not much there, but it was fun to go for the novelty of it. :)

Jayne

:)

It is always better to be prepared with pre-printed address labels no matter what tour you are with. In case there are long lines, you never know!

Postcards that I sent back home arrived 6 weeks later. We went last August...right around Katrina. In fact, we had 12 foot swells leaving Cozumel and Katrina hit Miami on Saturday. We arrived on Sunday in Miami and flew home parallel to the storm for awhile.

Photocruiser.

Archived