Birding can we find some one to take us when we get off the ship

itzmered

I would love to go birding in Dominica but am having a hard time finding a tour operator that will take 2 of us. One I found will not take cruise ship passengers and the other requires 4 people and you have to pay up front on their website. Is this something that any of the tour operators that set up outside the pier will offer?

I'd contact some of the general tour operators recommended here on this forum about this. Ask them if they can arrange such a tour and/or recommend someone who would.

I have very limited experience in Dominica but as I recall, what you'll mostly find when you exit the ship is a bunch of taxi drivers holding cards showing pictures of common destinations (Trafalgar Falls, Emerald Pool, etc) and looking to fill their cab or van with people to take one of their their standard tours. I don't know if you'll be able to find someone at the pier who is willing to take you on the specialized tour you seek or that has the knowledge to do so.

Archived