Cost of taxi to Screw's Spa?

vinotinto

• 4 weeks later...

We took a taxi to Screw's Spa for $20 for 2 people. It's only about 15 minutes from the port. This is the most relaxing thing we ever done on a cruise. The surroundings and stone work are gorgeous and the pools are so warm - I could have spent much longer than an hour here. The taxi driver gave us an hour. I think it cost $10 each to get in. There was only 10-12 people there during our visit and we enjoyed it immensely...

Don't know which cruise line you will be on; but, Royal Caribbean docks about 1 mile away and has a fenced area for "designated" tour guides. We were told to exit this area and get a taxi outside the gates - for us, this information proved correct because the taxis were cheaper outside the gate. If you are sailing on Carnival, you will probably dock in downtown Roseau -- All tours and taxis congregrate outside this area, and taxis are plentiful. Enjoy...

We are thinking of including Screw's spa on our trip too - so thanks for this. Was wondering whether we should take water shoes - and what you do with your belongings while you are in the pools? Are there change rooms or a place for personal items?

Oh and can you give me some idea of how hot the pool is - I have to be careful with very high temps in hot pools etc.

To answer a few of your questions: I would wear water shoes due to the stones on some of the pathways. There are picnic tables everyone sets there belongings on - There are 5 pools ranging from hot to cool so, you can choose which area you would like to soak in. Some people just sat there belongings on the rocks beside the pool they were soaking in. I would also advise you to wear dark swimwear. The water has minerals (iron) in it and will leave some stains on your swimsuit. I just washed and rinsed my swimwear in the shower when I got back to the ship and all the stains washed right out.

Our ship was in port from 8-5pm. My husband went scuba diving in the morning and I went on a tour, we met back at the ship around 2 pm and took a taxi to Screw's Spa. We still had time to do some shopping in the fairly new marketplace opened at Royal Caribbean's pier.

Archived