waht to wear...

jessep

on the normal nights (not formal) what does everyone wear in the dining room? I really dont want to go all out as for as dressing up, I was thinking like, skirts, cute tops a few sundresses? Can I wear capris? MUST my husband wear a sport coat/tie each night? We do want to eat in the dining room some, but dont want to pack alot. Were mostly jeans/t-shirt people! Any replys appriciated!:cool:

I guess it depends on the line. Some have three types, formal which is dark suit and tie type, (don't remember name) which is just sport jacket, no tie, and casual which is what you described for yourself and something like dockers and a shirt (not tee) for your husband. The latter dress is sufficient for NCL cruises. On those, formal night is optional (only in one dining room). Check with your lines website or ask on the specific line's forum here. :)

on the normal nights (not formal) what does everyone wear in the dining room? I really dont want to go all out as for as dressing up, I was thinking like, skirts, cute tops a few sundresses? Can I wear capris? MUST my husband wear a sport coat/tie each night? We do want to eat in the dining room some, but dont want to pack alot. Were mostly jeans/t-shirt people! Any replys appriciated!:cool:

Like the previous cruiser stated it depends on the cruise line - on Carnival you would be fine wearing capris, skirts and sundresses and your husband wearing casual slacks and polo or other short sleeve shirts.

One thing I forgot to mention was that on most lines shorts and jeans are not allowed in the dining rooms for dinner. Breakfasts and lunches have no real dress code other than you must be wearing shirts and shoes.

Many people worry too much about clothes the first time they cruise (assuming this is your first since you are asking). What I tell people...don't bother worrying about it, the people you will meet on the cruise are just like you. Your capris, sundresses and skirts are just fine. Your husband does not need a sports coat or tie on casual nights, a collared shirt and pants are fine. Most lines state they do not want jeans in the dining room at night, but during the day they are fine.

I'm sure you are excited and planning to buy a few new things to wear on your vacation, just don't break the bank and spend more than the cruise costs!

Have fun planning your cruise and remember, it's not a fashion show.

I would like to know what Cruiseline you will be on, I like wearing a nice polo shirt and black slacks and my black dress shoes and a nice belt, thats pretty much Casual, I normally Travel on Carnival. but what I just mentioned could get you killed on another ship LOL, I read on Princess or Celebrity its abit more formal. As for Woman, you can pretty much get away with wearing a regular dress, I even seen Regular dresses on Formal nights..

If you like I can Email you pictures of my wife and I, Casual and then Formal.

thanks so mucg for the advice, we are going carnival 5/21 and I am very excited. I 'm sure I am worring too much about the clothes. I just want to have a good time, but not feel out of place. Thanks again!:)

I can relate to this cause I am so much a jean person myself. I hate to dress up. I am going on the Navigator Of The Seas on June 4th which will be my 7th cruise. I was worried the first cruise I went on a cruise and believe me it's not as formal as you think. Well, I have only been on one Carnival and the rest Royal Carribean. You will see that some ppl dress up in formals and others in a regular dress and others in a nice pant set. The latter would be me but I am not the only one. So please don't worry about what you wear. You can wear capris on any night except the formal night.

Archived