pb, then mini golf, then los cinqo soles, then c & c's -- too much?

Kay129

hi all,

i'm looking to do all this on our visit to cozumel!

i'll be there on 4/21 on the carnival sensation. we'll be there from 7 am to 6 pm. i want to get off the boat, head over to PB for a while , go for some mini-golf, shop @ los cinqo soles (honestly, i don't plan to spend mroe than 45 minutes there) and then have a drink or two at carlos and charlie's, just to witness the madness.

am i biting off more than i can chew? if you think i should cut my list down, what do you suggest? bf and i are 25, we like to do active things, drink, eat good food, meet good people and just plain have fun!

PB Tom, if you read this, I'll keep my eye out before we leave on what goodies you and the other cozumel residents who post here are looking for, and i'll be sure to show up with a goodie bag. looking forward to meeting you!

thanks for any advice i can get!!

k

As long as you don't stay the day at PB, you should be able to do it all. Shopping at Cinco Soles for 45 minutes would be difficult for me. They have such beautiful things! Minigolf takes about an hour and if you run out of time, really, you can skip Carlos 'n' Charlie's. You can drink anywhere.

I agree with Sally on Carlos and Charlies. It is a novelty spot and for your age group I can see why you would want to stop by. However, you can get better, cheaper drinks just about at any local spot and CandC doesnt really get hopping until later in the eve and then it is packed with hot,sweaty, drunks! Your boat will be long gone before the party gets started at CandC.

With 11 hours in port, you can easily achieve your goals! The staff gets here at 9 am, but you can get here earlier and hang out...no problemo!

Carlos and Charlies is a great drunk-watching spot (though I miss the old place with the extreme steep stairs!) and the waiters keep it lively.

Thanx for thinking 'bout us, hasta la vista! :)

thanks for the advice! i guess i'll have to plan more time at los cinqo soles . . . i'd LOVE to skip carlos and charlie's but my bf has heard PLENTY about it. i think there's a senor frog's when we dock in calica/PdC the day before, so maybe i'll get him there so he can see what that kind of scene is like :)

i can't wait! and another question i forgot to ask : are these places relatively close to each other? don't want to be cabbing my day away when i'm in cozumel!!

. . . i'd LOVE to skip carlos and charlie's but my bf has heard PLENTY about it.
Then I'd say you have better sense than your BF. You can drink anywhere, but the rest of Cozumel is only available on Cozumel.
i can't wait! and another question i forgot to ask : are these places relatively close to each other? don't want to be cabbing my day away when i'm in cozumel!!
Close enough to be no problem. Cozume is not a large island.

thanks bruce.

i went to cancun a few years ago and we did the senor frogs/carlos and charlies thing. i wouldn't mind going for an hour before we get back on the ship, just to people watch! poor bf doesn't understand it's just a silly place, i think once we go there he'll be disappointed by his expectations :)

does the pancho's backyard by los cinqo soles have a nice hang-out bar scene?

We did just about what you are planning on doing during our trip in March 03.

We started out taking a cab to Dzul Ha for a morning of snorkling and lounging.

Took a cab back to the ship, cleaned up quickly, took another cab to Cinco Soles and Panchos for lunch. Walked back through the downtown area shopping, spent an hour playing minigolf (Sally was still there), shopped some more, took a cab back to the pier, wandered through that shopping area and watched the drunks at Senor Frog 1/2. Wasn't rushed at all, had a lot of fun.

Tried to order a cold drink at Frog's, but couldn't get waited on. So we went back to the ship, took a quick shower and had cold ones in the Viking Lounge as we sailed away.

thanks sally for answering about pancho's :) i'm not looking for a rowdy scene, just a place where i can have drinks, hang out for an hour, and maybe order an appetizer without feeling like they're waiting for me to order a meal!

is pancho's that kind of place? i'd love to see it, the way you describe it makes it sound beautiful!

blusky thanks for the response! since pb has showers i thought we might be able to clean up there before our other activities. is senor frog's near carlos and charlie's? are those two bars near the port where the ships are (ie, would we have to get a cab back to the ship or is it within walking distance?) and one last question - was the mini golf a "must-do"? it just seems like a fun experience, my boyfriend and i play for fun on vacation sometimes, and i like the idea of ordering sangria over the walkie talkie!

If you want to "witness the madness" at Carlos and Charlies, go upstairs to Senor Frogs instead. We were in Cozumel last week and stop by both places. Senor's was much crazier. A younger crowd too. To my 46-year mind Senor's was shocking! We got through Conco Soles pretty quickly, but spent too much time doing the rest of our shopping, and after a long lunch at Senor Frogs (slow service) we didn't have time for the public beach. Maybe on the next trip.

As a side note: a couple on our ship rented scooters in Cozumel and ended up with a trip to the hospital with severe road rash. I don't know the details of the accident or where the fault lies, but driving in Cozumel is crazy and there are lots of speed bumps. Hit one of those going too fast and it could be disasterous!

Archived