Do You have to Rent chairs at Orient Beach?

Happy2cu

We are thinking of taking one of Bernards tours and it sounds like we might only be at Orient for up to 90 minutes. Will they let you just sit on a towel on the beach or do you have to spend $25 for a couple of chairs? Seems like a waste if you're not spending the whole day there.

You don't have to rent chairs if you'll just throw out your towel in an area not claimed by one of the beach bars, and there is usually a lot of this 'free' space available.

We've been setting up our tent in a space between Pedro's and Club Orient for weeks at a time for over 10 years without problem.

That said, it doesn't have to be $25, as there are several options for 2 chairs, an umbrella, two free drinks and bathroom access for $14 or $15.

gary

I'm planning on doing the Tour with Bernard also but I want to spend more time at Orient Beach. Can I leave the tour and hop a cab back to the pier? About how much would that one-way trip cost?

Also, I had thought of doing Orient Beach on my own, but I read (somewhere, I've been on these boards like crazy!) that a taxi is like $25 each way to Orient Beach? This seems excessive - can anyone comment?

If the cab fare is that much it makes more sense to do Bernards tour and get to see other sites while in port while also making my way to Orient Beach.

Not too mention I say I want to be on the beach all the live long day but will probably want to go back to some shade and air conditioning sooner than I expect! Thanks for your advice.

I'm planning on doing the Tour with Bernard also but I want to spend more time at Orient Beach. Can I leave the tour and hop a cab back to the pier? About how much would that one-way trip cost?

Also, I had thought of doing Orient Beach on my own, but I read (somewhere, I've been on these boards like crazy!) that a taxi is like $25 each way to Orient Beach? This seems excessive - can anyone comment?

If the cab fare is that much it makes more sense to do Bernards tour and get to see other sites while in port while also making my way to Orient Beach.

Not too mention I say I want to be on the beach all the live long day but will probably want to go back to some shade and air conditioning sooner than I expect! Thanks for your advice.

I highly recommend Bernard's Tours, but your idea of 'jumping ship' doesn't make much sense.

Orient Beach would be just your second or third stop after (possibly) iguana petting and sea urchin holding.

Taxi rates are set, and are each way, so one-way wouldn't make a difference. Would love to see where the $25 one way was posted.

th_Destinationsnew.jpg

(click)

gary

Actually we went to Orient Beach and the cab fare is about $25 for a couple each way but..... if there are others going to the same destination which more than likely it will the cab fare goes down. We ended up paying $7 per person for the cab.

Taxi rates are set on the island. If you get charged more than you read on this board then ask to see the taxi chart. Gary keeps this up to date and it is a good reference tool to look at before cruising.

Archived