Write up of our cruise 11-10-2011 carnival Elation

Sashalanda

We did something different this year. My husband found a place on the net near the cruiseline but cheaper. I was ok with it..I thought we would have to find a taxi or walk to the port. But we were driven there to be dropped off right at the door. As we got near New Orleans port there was a huge line of cars waiting to park. I was so relieved we didnt have to try to get up in that parking deck. This guy ran Machu Picchu right on Jackson Ave. His name was angel and he was such a nice guy. When we got back we called him and he was right there. Ok now onto our cruise.

This was our first time on the elation. It is set up like fantasy but decorated different. I loved the wood and copper decorations in the atrium..gorgeous!!

Our room seemed a bit bigger than our other ocean views had been. This one had a huge sink and a medicine cabinet just as large...I was thrilled with that lol.

The staff was awesome through out the ship. Everyone greeted us when we walked by them or they walked by us. There was some wear on Elation but everything was sparkling clean. I loved loved all the shows we saw and found I loved watching Karoake. There were some really great singers...and some REALLY bad ones lol. I give them all a huge amt of credit tho to stand up there and sing whether good or bad.

The food in the MDR has taken up the economic decline I am afraid. There was a difference in quality but service was alwys top knotch. For those who had never sailed carnival or never cruised before , they wouldnt have noticed. The bourbon chicken I had on the last night was a definate 10 though. The salads adn salad bar were always fresh and crisp.

Coffee was still soooooo strong lol. I added half cup hot water to mine and it was very good then but I like weaker coffee than most.

I did really like the tvs at the back of the buffet room and the seating area at the back window of Lido deck too. I got chilled sitting outside so would sit there to watch the ocean sometimes.

My favorite part of cruising is ppl watching and this cruise was no different. I had many chuckles and a few fumes but the fumes didnt last long.

There were some beautiful paintings up for auction..out of my range but looking was fun and free :D.

Cozumel was as lovely as ever. The people, the views, and of course the shopping!! I was a good girl this time and didnt buy myself even one pair of shoes lol. I did get one son a pair of leather sandals though. I would recommend this cruise..this ship to anyone though.

People just love the Elation and that decor..and always there seems to be the staff people are so sweet on those Fantasy size especially..I think Kareoke may be better on them too because less competition of things to do?? Not sure but is was a blast on Parasdise too with college kids and graduation celebrations..guys hamming it up singing to all women ..I like the older med cabinets better too..will need the shoe thing without those on the door with new decor..welcome home ...glad you had fun..sarah

Archived