Summit Review 3/21/05-4/1/05

House_Atreides

Today is my first visit (and post) to this site and I have to say your review was EXCELLENTLY DONE!

My mother and I are also traveling on the repositioning cruise May 6th and meeting relatives. We will be in a Sky Suite so your review was particularly of interest to us. (our relatives sprung for a Celebrity Suite which we are also excited to spend time enjoying!)

Thank you for taking the time to detail every aspect of your trip and the ship itself.

Now we're REALLY excited about the trip!

Welcome aboard the Summit. We are on the May 6th sailing as well.

Glad to meet you. There are 8 of us traveling together.

There are also a bunch of very fun loving people on the thread I have put at the bottom of this message. Click on it and everyone on that thread is on our cruise. There are 14 pages of wonderful information for you to read and great people to meet before you leave.

Make sure you register yourself and all your travelling companions for our Cruise Critics Party. Go to www.celebritycruises.com and look for the Join the Party icon which tell you how to register yourself and friends for the party. There are about 60 of us registered already. The ship will throw a party for us one day at sea and you will get to meet all these people that are on this thread.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Howard.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=60920

I am preparing to set sail on the Summit and are also booked into a Sky Suite also. I have found conflicting info between the 2005 Alaska travel brochure, the Celebrity website & talking to their cruise rep 800#. Might I trouble you with a couple questions regarding room amenities? (hard to believe your detailed report didn't answer everything I ever wanted to know and more) :-)

~Was there an umbrella in room for your use?

~What about binoculars?

And, though not "room" related, the magazine brochure mentions a hosted daily "sunset happy hour"..."hosted" to me usually means "free drinks"...is that just wishful thinking on my part or do they really pamper you that much?

Wow can't believe I forgot that part in my review (at least of the room ha!)

There were 2 umbrellas for our use during the cruise; also, yes a pair of binoculars. The binoculars were not the greatest in the world, but I've seen worse! We had our own with us when we really wanted to "zoom" in on something.

I hope you have a great cruise!! The Summit was a wonderful ship!!!:D

Mary

All signed up! Thanks ron! (as you can see...i'm just full of questions!) :-p

Have you read the cruise critic links I posted above....you need to read those as there is oodles of fun information for you!

Howard.:)

Archived