Excursions Western Caribbean Valor/water, soda

SusieBrent

Hi guys, have really enjoyed reading all of your threads. Four couples will be on the Valor Jan 1, 2012 Western Caribbean. Several would like to do ziplines, I am not interested in that but would like to come along and video tape them. We would also like to go snorkel at one of our stops as well. We will be going to Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman, & Cozmuel. Can you suggest where we can zipline that I can go along and video tape as well as a good snorkeling location? One more question, can we bring on sodas or water that we buy at one of our stops or can we only bring it on at POM? Thank you in advance for all your help. Have really enjoyed reading all of these threads, pretty much addicted to reading them every day!

My husband and I snorkeled at Eden Rock in Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed that because for $18 a person you get ALL the snorkeling gear and as much time in the water as you want, plus it is a ten minute walk at most from the port. We also snorkeled out on the barrier reef in Belize, which was fantastic too, but rougher waters because you are way out on open seas, but thanks to the reef, the water is not more than 15 feet deep. We booked with FabTours when we got to Belize (they had a bright yellow hut at the port) and they take you to an actual private island (there is a research station there with some students and a really small resort with like 5 rooms in total) where you can chill out and they take you snorkeling out on the reef. TOTALLY worth the money and if you do this excursion, make sure you wander to the other side of the private island as you get to walk through neat mangroves and then there are more hammocks over there. As far as ziplines, I can't help. I don't much care for heights, so we've never done ziplining. I always carry a water bottle with me from the ship and I've never been questioned about what is in it, but I don't know about bringing stuff back in cups. Sorry I'm not more help on this one =)

Cozmuel on Carnival has a new excursion which you need to sign up ASAP

as there is limited space. It is called something like America's Cup Racing-they use racing ships that were used in the real America's Cup. It is like 18 people on ship plus crew of 3 or 4 and each person has a job to do in the actual race and you race against other ships. It was originally out of St. Marteen where we did it last year-there, it is considered the one of best tour in the eastern Caribbean. Just a thought.

Archived