Linking up 2 separate bookings

dinoman

I recently booked 2 adjoining rooms on NCL, one for my mom and dad and the other one for my sister and me. The 2 bookings are made separately under different names on the internet with 2 different booking numbers. Are there any advantages of telling NCL that we are travelling in the same group by linking the 2 bookings up or just good by leaving them on their owns? If I want NCL to unlock the connecting door between the rooms what should I do?

and (if applicable) the divider on the balcony, will be opened, upon request, after you board.

If this is applicable, it's best for the OP to be warned instead of coming back angry that NCL staff wouldn't do it.

NCL's policy states that they are not to open connecting balcony dividers for safety reasons. It appears they are more strict about this now than they used to be. Some still have had success in getting their room steward to do it, others have been told under no circumstances could they do it.

Thank you all posters for your advices. I guess I would tell NCL to link up 2 bookings and raise the request of unlocking connecting door by the time I make my final payment so that I have the flexibility to cancel either booking and not affecting the other if necessary: there are still 300+ days away after all.

Archived