PH 7133-7135 on Marina

zship

Does anyone who has stayed in PH 7133 or 7135 on Marina know if they each sleep 3 people ? Some brochures indicate they do while others indicate they do not.

Those two cabins are not triples, perhaps because they are slightly smaller than the average penthouse (despite their larger verandas).

You will only find PH3 cabins which sleep three, forward on deck 10, and adjacent to the Owners Suite, aft on deck 9.

• 1 month later...
Those two cabins are not triples, perhaps because they are slightly smaller than the average penthouse (despite their larger verandas).

You will only find PH3 cabins which sleep three, forward on deck 10, and adjacent to the Owners Suite, aft on deck 9.

We've now booked 7133 for Marina's May 2013 trans-Atlantic from NYC to Southampton (northern crossing route--Newfoundland to Cork)--though we wanted the already booked PORT-side CORNER aft 7130....

We've never sailed her--so would greatly appreciate your expert input and advice:

• You note that 7133 is smaller than the starred 3-person PH-3s. Do you know in what way they're smaller and by how much? (Shorter, narrower, loveseat vs. sofa, bathroom, closet--in other words, where did they cut the space--and do you know why O didn't therefore create another less expensive category--such as PH-4?
  • Does 7133 include the extra window in the sitting area? (I'm already worried that it'll be darker in there because of the extended balcony--and we do like to relax inside and look out and have a view as well as LIGHT when we're not sitting ON the balcony.
  • Is 7133 the same size as as the two aft corner PH-3s on Deck 7? On the deckplan (which shows that curved entry divider between these 7133 and 7135) 7235 looks a bit smaller than 7133 (?).
  • We were torn between 7133 and a Deck-10 PH-3 that we felt was a bit too far forward for a TA, especially across the northern sea--but we've also experience bumpier rides on the aft. What do you recommend, given how this ship performs?
  • Are the butlers for those isolated 4 PH-3s as reliable as those on the fully butlered decks? It seems that a butler serving just those 4 might be stretch to another remote location for other suites--and be less accessible...?
  • Finally, (and more general)--Why did O not put double sinks in an expensive suite? We've had them on other lines even in suites that were less pricey. ;)

Thanks a million!!

We've now booked 7133 for Marina's May 2013 trans-Atlantic from NYC to Southampton (northern crossing route--Newfoundland to Cork)--though we wanted the already booked PORT-side CORNER aft 7130....

We've never sailed her--so would greatly appreciate your expert input and advice:

• You note that 7133 is smaller than the starred 3-person PH-3s. Do you know in what way they're smaller and by how much? (Shorter, narrower, loveseat vs. sofa, bathroom, closet--in other words, where did they cut the space--and do you know why O didn't therefore create another less expensive category--such as PH-4?
    The Penthouses which are smaller are 7130 and 7135. 7128 and 7133 are the same size as any other PH3, although they do have the extended (deeper) verandas.
  • Does 7133 include the extra window in the sitting area? (I'm already worried that it'll be darker in there because of the extended balcony--and we do like to relax inside and look out and have a view as well as LIGHT when we're not sitting ON the balcony.
    Yes, the window is exactly the same as in any other Penthouse. The extended veranda wont have any effect on the light in your cabin. You get amazing light from above on deck 7!
    140823.jpg
  • Is 7133 the same size as as the two aft corner PH-3s on Deck 7? On the deckplan (which shows that curved entry divider between these 7133 and 7135) 7235 looks a bit smaller than 7133 (?).
    Again, 7128 and 7133 have larger CABINS than 7130 and 7135, but the later cabins have HUGE WRAP-AROUND Verandas which will more than make up for the difference in size for most people.
  • We were torn between 7133 and a Deck-10 PH-3 that we felt was a bit too far forward for a TA, especially across the northern sea--but we've also experience bumpier rides on the aft. What do you recommend, given how this ship performs?
    We found the Marina to be a remarkably steady ship, but there can be engine noise and vibration in her stern at speed. During a Transatlantic sailing, she will be sailing swiftly for days on end, so that might be an issue.
  • Are the butlers for those isolated 4 PH-3s as reliable as those on the fully butlered decks? It seems that a butler serving just those 4 might be stretch to another remote location for other suites--and be less accessible...?
    Oceania Butlers use a remarkably efficient paging system and the isolated location of those Suites was considered when staffing was arranged. The entire Butler Staff will fill in and cover for one another when needed, but the Butlers who are assigned to those aft Suites under deck 10 also have their own special stairways and pantries to enable them to serve more efficiently.
  • Finally, (and more general)--Why did O not put double sinks in an expensive suite? We've had them on other lines even in suites that were less pricey. ;)
    Since I'm not Dakota Jackson, I'd have to guess about that, but my honest reaction is that the Marinas' Penthouses were already so heavenly (many refer to them as "the perfect room), that they had to save something for the SUPER (OVO) Suites.

Thanks a million!!

My Pleasure!

I hope that this helped, please enjoy your cruise tremendously! We are sailing in 7135 on the Riviera in late April, so more details are sure to follow!

S&J

I hope that this helped, please enjoy your cruise tremendously! We are sailing in 7135 on the Riviera in late April, so more details are sure to follow!

S&J

Cannot thank you enough, dear S&J--for your marvelous and gracious response! :)

This is reassuring indeed. And we agree with you: We'd gladly give up a little inside space in the already well-sized PH if we could get one of those stern suites with the wrap-around balcony, as we love the views and the wake. (Had a super one on HAL's Oosterdam several years ago on which we hosted a "sailing into Venice" party for 30 roll call friends.) We'll keep checking and hoping that the Marina's will become available for us, but we'll also be happy with being NEARLY at the stern (and maybe we can crane our heads around and see a bit of the aft). ;)

And perhaps one day we'll have the honor of sailing with YOU. Meantime, we'll make a note to search for your review of Riviera's April sailing. Bon voyage!!!

With deep appreciation,

Mary-Lou (& DH Dave)

• 5 months later...

S&J

Jim and Stan, Did you stay in PH3 7135 in late April? Just wondering if you felt the inside was spacious enough (apparently its smaller than the other PH3's)? I know the veranda is very spacious. I have the option of #7135 and would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Jim and Stan, Did you stay in PH3 7135 in late April? Just wondering if you felt the inside was spacious enough (apparently its smaller than the other PH3's)? I know the veranda is very spacious. I have the option of #7135 and would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Jim and Stan had an Oceania Suite and we had 7135 on the Riviera maiden voyage. We also had 7135 on the Marina transatlantic in March. Yes, the room is smaller and you will note its smaller size in both the closet and the space between the table at the end of the bed and the built ins that line the wall. If you are accustom to a veranda stateroom or ocean view on the R ships you will probably find it spacious enough. If you are accustom to a PH on the R ships you will probably feel the smaller size.

Jim and Stan had an Oceania Suite and we had 7135 on the Riviera maiden voyage. We also had 7135 on the Marina transatlantic in March. Yes, the room is smaller and you will note its smaller size in both the closet and the space between the table at the end of the bed and the built ins that line the wall. If you are accustom to a veranda stateroom or ocean view on the R ships you will probably find it spacious enough. If you are accustom to a PH on the R ships you will probably feel the smaller size.

We were in 7130 on the Riviera in June.

As CAG says, the closet is small with little room to hang clothing. The space between the table and chairs at the end of the bed and the built-ins along the wall is very tight; the table itself is jammed into the end of the bed. One person can pass at a time, as long as the cabinet doors/drawers are closed and no one is sitting on a chair at the table.

On the positive side, we found the room to be private and quiet because no other passengers walk by the door. We really enjoyed the wrap-around balcony; we had hoped to have dinner out there one night, but it was too windy.

Butler service was prompt and efficient.

The only other thing to note about the location is that you may experience noise and vibration (ranging from barely noticeable to mini-earthquake in intensity) when the ship comes into and leaves ports.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in 7130 on the Riviera in June.

As CAG says, the closet is small with little room to hang clothing. The space between the table and chairs at the end of the bed and the built-ins along the wall is very tight; the table itself is jammed into the end of the bed. One person can pass at a time, as long as the cabinet doors/drawers are closed and no one is sitting on a chair at the table.

On the positive side, we found the room to be private and quiet because no other passengers walk by the door. We really enjoyed the wrap-around balcony; we had hoped to have dinner out there one night, but it was too windy.

Butler service was prompt and efficient.

The only other thing to note about the location is that you may experience noise and vibration (ranging from barely noticeable to mini-earthquake in intensity) when the ship comes into and leaves ports.

Knowing what you know, if you had a choice of the PH next to it (7133) or the aft corner, which would you prefer? I'm still torn, as we HAVE 7133 booked on the Marina's NYC-Southampton crossing next May-June (2013), but I asked to be on the waiting list for the aft corner. We ARE more used to very large aft corner full suites on HAL or at least roomy JUNIOR suites on RCCL.... This is our first Oceania sailing.

THANKS, ALL!

Knowing what you know, if you had a choice of the PH next to it (7133) or the aft corner, which would you prefer? I'm still torn, as we HAVE 7133 booked on the Marina's NYC-Southampton crossing next May-June (2013), but I asked to be on the waiting list for the aft corner. We ARE more used to very large aft corner full suites on HAL or at least roomy JUNIOR suites on RCCL.... This is our first Oceania sailing.

THANKS, ALL!

If you are looking for a roomy room, I would say to stay in 7133. 7135 is smaller. I notice you are doing a transatlantic. We did the Marina transatlantic in March and had 7135. I have to say that we did not use the balcony as much on that transatlantic as we did on the Riviera maiden voyage when we were once again in 7135, when we were in ports 9 of our 10 days. During the transatlantic cruise it was sometimes just too windy to appreciate the deck as much.

I'm torn, myself. We have 7128 booked for our April '13 crossing on Riviera (next to 7130, the other corner PH3). Based on my conversations with CAG on the Maiden Voyage, I can see how that corner suite could be windy because there is no partition on the aft end of the balcony and the wind can just whistle through. I'm hoping that the partitions on either side of 7128 (or 7133) will help block that wind, yet I'm also hoping the fact that the penthouse balcony is wider will let us have a decent view from within the suite. The nearby narrower B4 balconies create a form of tunnel vision.

I'm torn, because I experienced a couple of sail-aways on CAG's corner balcony, and the effect is absolutely stunning! It's almost worth the smaller space inside. But, Betsy disagrees, she wants the larger closet and the space at the foot of the bed.

Like you, I have my travel agent watching to see if either corner becomes available, but I almost hope it won't, because I'll face a really tough decision. 14 days with more space and less wind, or a couple of spectacular sail-aways?

THANKS, ALL!

We were very happy in 7130 on the Riviera, despite the smaller size of the suite. We've booked it again for our next cruise (and we will pack fewer things that need to be hung up in the closet).

One reason we picked 7130 is our pleasant memories of HAL's roomy aft corner suites with wrap-around verandas where we would sit for hours. It's been several years since we sailed on HAL, but I remember those suites as having windows or doors that enabled you to view the wake from inside the suite when it was too cold or windy or rainy to sit outside.

Because the doors and windows of the aft PH suite and the suite you booked are on the side of the ship, the views are essentially the same from inside both suites...you can't sit and stare at the wake from inside either suite.

Your itinerary has quite a few ports; if you enjoy watching the ship sailing into and out of ports, you would be happy with the aft suite. The views are fantastic from the veranda. But, it does get really windy when the ship gets moving. You can certainly sit out there and read or snooze, but I think it would be next to impossible to eat a meal out there.

you can't sit and stare at the wake from inside either suite.

051230.jpg

To get that premium wake view from inside the ship, the bargain cabins are Oceania Suites 11080 and 11083. The only other cabins with that view are the Owners Suites

004715.jpg

:rolleyes: and it is positively mesmerizing....

092505.jpg035438.jpg

If you are looking for a roomy room, I would say to stay in 7133. 7135 is smaller. I notice you are doing a transatlantic. We did the Marina transatlantic in March and had 7135. I have to say that we did not use the balcony as much on that transatlantic as we did on the Riviera maiden voyage when we were once again in 7135, when we were in ports 9 of our 10 days. During the transatlantic cruise it was sometimes just too windy to appreciate the deck as much.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

We were very happy in 7130 on the Riviera, despite the smaller size of the suite. We've booked it again for our next cruise (and we will pack fewer things that need to be hung up in the closet).

One reason we picked 7130 is our pleasant memories of HAL's roomy aft corner suites with wrap-around verandas where we would sit for hours. It's been several years since we sailed on HAL, but I remember those suites as having windows or doors that enabled you to view the wake from inside the suite when it was too cold or windy or rainy to sit outside.

Because the doors and windows of the aft PH suite and the suite you booked are on the side of the ship, the views are essentially the same from inside both suites...you can't sit and stare at the wake from inside either suite.

Your itinerary has quite a few ports; if you enjoy watching the ship sailing into and out of ports, you would be happy with the aft suite. The views are fantastic from the veranda. But, it does get really windy when the ship gets moving. You can certainly sit out there and read or snooze, but I think it would be next to impossible to eat a meal out there.

Very helpful info! Didn't realize you can't actually see wake from the aft corner as you can on HAL's aft corners.... THANKS!

I'm torn, myself. We have 7128 booked for our April '13 crossing on Riviera (next to 7130, the other corner PH3). Based on my conversations with CAG on the Maiden Voyage, I can see how that corner suite could be windy because there is no partition on the aft end of the balcony and the wind can just whistle through. I'm hoping that the partitions on either side of 7128 (or 7133) will help block that wind, yet I'm also hoping the fact that the penthouse balcony is wider will let us have a decent view from within the suite. The nearby narrower B4 balconies create a form of tunnel vision.

I'm torn, because I experienced a couple of sail-aways on CAG's corner balcony, and the effect is absolutely stunning! It's almost worth the smaller space inside. But, Betsy disagrees, she wants the larger closet and the space at the foot of the bed.

Like you, I have my travel agent watching to see if either corner becomes available, but I almost hope it won't, because I'll face a really tough decision. 14 days with more space and less wind, or a couple of spectacular sail-aways?

Yes: It's hard to decide. I was going to remove our waitlist request for the corner--but we've decided to leave it on for now and see what happens. (Probably the folks who booked it wouldn't give it up anyway.) Keep us posted! ;)

• 6 months later...

S&J

Hi

I have just booked 7135 on Marina and was wondering do you get a view of the wake from your room or can you sit on your balcony looking at the wake?

Hi

I have just booked 7135 on Marina and was wondering do you get a view of the wake from your room or can you sit on your balcony looking at the wake?

No view of wake from your room, you must go out on the balcony for the wake view.

Cenia

No view of wake from your room, you must go out on the balcony for the wake view.

Cenia

Thank for that Cenia, one other question i have also read its slightly smaller than the normal PH suite do you think the location of 7135 outweighs the difference in size.

I have also been offered 9138, what do you think?

Ronnie

Thank for that Cenia, one other question i have also read its slightly smaller than the normal PH suite do you think the location of 7135 outweighs the difference in size.

I have also been offered 9138, what do you think?

Ronnie

That is a hard question to answer. We have been in 7135 twice, once on Marina and once on Riviera. We have also been in a PH on deck 11 on Riviera. Yes, 7135 is smaller than the normal PH suite. The walk in closet is smaller and the distance between the built in dresser and the table and chairs at the foot of the bed is narrow. I will say that on our transatlantic in 7135 that at times it was too windy to be out on the balcony for any extended period of time. On our more port intensive cruise the balcony was very nice for a sail away get together. We have now booked 7128 for a cruise next May. This suite will have the same interior space of a normal PH suite, but will have an extended balcony with petitions on each side that should protect it from some of the wind. If I am not mistaken, 9138 is a normal PH with the regular size interior space and exterior balcony. I personally like being more to the aft of the ship, but when docking there can be some shuttering taking place. So unfortunately, I really can't tell you what you will be most happy with. For us, we can be happy pretty much anywhere on an Oceania ship.

Cenia

That is a hard question to answer. We have been in 7135 twice, once on Marina and once on Riviera. We have also been in a PH on deck 11 on Riviera. Yes, 7135 is smaller than the normal PH suite. The walk in closet is smaller and the distance between the built in dresser and the table and chairs at the foot of the bed is narrow. I will say that on our transatlantic in 7135 that at times it was too windy to be out on the balcony for any extended period of time. On our more port intensive cruise the balcony was very nice for a sail away get together. We have now booked 7128 for a cruise next May. This suite will have the same interior space of a normal PH suite, but will have an extended balcony with petitions on each side that should protect it from some of the wind. If I am not mistaken, 9138 is a normal PH with the regular size interior space and exterior balcony. I personally like being more to the aft of the ship, but when docking there can be some shuttering taking place. So unfortunately, I really can't tell you what you will be most happy with. For us, we can be happy pretty much anywhere on an Oceania ship.

Cenia

Thank you Cenia after reading loads of threads on the subject I have come to the conclusion that the aft balcony and size outweighs the loss in room space as the view of the wake is so relaxing plus u have the benefit of a starboard view as well.

We just returned from the 10-day Caribbean Hideaways cruise yesterday and we stayed in 7135. We became good friends with the folks in the adjacent PH3 cabin - 7133 - so we had an opportunity to compare the size of the cabins. There is a noticeable narrowing of the walkway between the bed and the bureau, and the sitting area is slightly smaller, as is the closet but the added expanse and privacy of the aft-facing veranda extension more than makes up for that. In fact, we hosted a cocktail party for 6 in our cabin with no trouble - so that lack of space didn't affect us at all. We also were able to place all our luggage under the bed, and had plenty of room to store our clothes in the closet for a 10-day cruise. We asked ahead of time if two lounge chairs would be placed on in the aft-facing extension - and they were. This was in addition to the two small chairs, and the two reclining chairs and table that are in the starboard-facing part of the veranda. We had breakfast in the back daily and our afternoon canapes and cocktails as well (not to mention many, many naps!). We also became friendly with the folks above us in the 8th floor owners suite and visited them. I can't verify it, but I believe our aft extension was a bit 'deeper' than the veranda they had - I'm not sure they could have placed a full-sized lounge chair up there and have it face straight aft. As for the vibration, the only time we really noticed any 'engine-vibration' was when we ported back in Miami yesterday morning when they reversed the engines for a short time just before tying up. It was not an issue otherwise. And soot was never an issue either. As for the wind, you are blocked from any headwinds and portside winds, and most starboard side winds as well. if you have a tailwind, you're usually going as fast if not faster than those winds so you never notice it. We also noticed that we ported on the starboard side at all ports except St Barts (where we anchored) - so we were able to get a good view of what was going on. I want to give a special thanks to Jim and Stan - we booked this cabin specifically because of their posts - and their posts were spot-on. Personally, i think cabins 7135 and 7130 are the two true hidden-gems on the Riviera. We previously booked the owner's suite on Azamara's Journey - which had a very large aft-facing veranda - which was spectacular - but i have to say, i think we enjoyed being on this one a bit more!

Thank you Mikesms for posting such a wonderful summary of the room. I now know I have made the right choice and dont think the few feet we will lose in the room is going to make any difference to us. I think the aft facing balcony will more than make up for it. The only other concern I had was it being on deck 7 which is low down as most of the other cruises I have taken we have been high up except on Princess where we had a suit which was also low down which was OK but i do prefer being high up.

Hi Ronnie! - actually - you really aren't that 'low' - - - on the Journey, being a smaller ship, we were on deck 6 - which amounts to about deck 5 on the Riviera. I did like being a little lower on the Journey - it almost felt like we had our own private yacht - and not a big ship -- but we were much higher up on the Riviera. I will add, though - that on the Journey (which is an 'R' ship), the veranda is hindered a bit by the bulkhead that goes about halfway up the railing --- if you are lying down in a lounge chair - you really can't see out --- but on the Riviera, the railing extends all the way to the deck surface - and you get a great view! You will love it! Enjoy!!

Thank you Mikesms for posting such a wonderful summary of the room. I now know I have made the right choice and dont think the few feet we will lose in the room is going to make any difference to us. I think the aft facing balcony will more than make up for it. The only other concern I had was it being on deck 7 which is low down as most of the other cruises I have taken we have been high up except on Princess where we had a suit which was also low down which was OK but i do prefer being high up.

Archived