Just Back Sillouette My Opinions

sallycruiser

Wow we must have gotten lucky. I thought the 11/18 sailing was pretty awesome. Saw some rude boorish tools on board but that was in rare instances. Disembarkation was fast and well organized. Food was good. And hell, I loved that David Meyer guy (the Xylosynth guy). Maybe it's because I'm used to going to Metallica concerts and play drums in a rock band myself, but I didn't find the volume to be off-putting (and my hearing is tip-top, amazingly enough). But I do agree, some of the acts were uneven, but it's a cruise ship not a Broadway production, so I took things with a grain of salt :)

I also sailed on the November 30th cruise on the Silhouette.

Before sailing I watched a u tube video of a ship in very bad seas where the tables and chairs were sliding from one side of the MDR to the other, injuring and trapping passengers. I thought perhaps, that the reason X decided to build a heavy chair was to prevent something like that. Our waiter was nice enough to help us with them because yes, they were heavy. Our waiter and assistant waiter were fabulous. Shout out to ToTo and Luciano who went above and beyond each night to give us excellent service and make us laugh. Our table all hated saying good bye!

The food in the MDR was very good to excellent in my opinion. We ate at Tucson twice and had excellent service and the mater d Andre was awesome.

I didn't have a problem with my sink, I was forewarned so I was careful not to put it on too high. The shower was fabulous and ladies, a foot rest for shaving our legs.... Nice touch.

I agree about the storage, It was a bit different but the draws were very deep and I learned to use the overhead storage which had plenty of room for our daytime clothes for the 12 days.

I loved the shows, some of the best I have seen at sea in a very long time.

Thankfully, I didn't encounter anyone in a scooter who in any way seemed rude, perhaps a few people were having trouble operating them, maybe because they were rentals. We had fun with our fellow cruisers and if I did encounter someone who was rude or inconsiderate that was a rarity.

I thought the entire staff on the Silhouette was outstanding including the Captain who could be seen out and about the ship on many occasions.

I would give the ship, food and service an A++.

BTY, we were in cabin 9292 on the hump, we had an extra large balcony which was a treat in itself.

For those of you sailing on the Silhouette in the future, Bon Voyage !

I'm sailing solo on the Silhouette on a 12 night cruise in cabin 9292 on February 10, 2012.

I had read about the larger balcony before and chose this cabin for that reason. Does the balcony get sun, and does it have a reclining chair with a foot rest?

I'm sure that the drawer space will be enough for just one person, as I can't be climbing to put things in an overhead compartment.

\

Thank you for answering these questions.

Ginnie

Archived