Your time dining waitlist

hawaiinana

We're on the waitlist for Your Time dining, for a January cruise. Has anyone else ever been on a waitlist for YTD on Carnival, and what was your experience? We really don't want an assigned dining time on this cruise, and I just wondered what others have done. Thanks!

We were wait listed for "your time dining" on our Magic cruise last month. We did not get it. We were a party of 2 and were assigned early dining at a booth for 4 people (along with another couple who we didn't know).

I think the reason we did not get the "your time" was because our cruise had many Platinum cruisers. They are guaranteed their dining time selection and "your time" was a popular choice since it was a port-intensive cruise where early dining wasn't particularly convenient.

DH and I were waitlisted for YT last cruise and did not get it, but we met a couple on board that booked several weeks after us and they got it. :confused:

We went to the Maitre' d upon boarding and she would not budge and kept going on and on about how much we would LOVE late seating and being seated with strangers even though we were telling her we hated it. She left such a bad taste in our mouths we skipped the dining room for the whole cruise.

Oh my! It does sound like Carnival is very inflexible. We just returned from an Alaskan cruise on Princess, and we found them to be much more flexible. We were assigned to a traditional time, but we were able to have dinner with some folks we met who were in anytime dining.

Our daughter and her husband are assigned to you time dining on this Carnival cruise. Do you think since we want to have dinner together, we might be able to eat with our daughter in your time dining? (Does Carnival try to keep families together?) We'll hope for Your time dining, or talk to the Maitre'D when we get on ship. Any other advice? Thanks!

If you do not clear the wait list for Anytime Dining, they will not sit you with your daughter (who has Anytime Dining). The seating is in another section of the dining room and they will ask for your sail and sign card to verify your dining time.

Don't give up hope. Go directly to the Matre'd the minute you get on board and explain to switch it. They might be able to do it if you go early enough. It is very popular.

We recently went on a family cruise and some members accidentally selected Anytime Dining when the entire family (44 people) were dining at 6pm. They were able to switch everyone and seat us all together. That opened up many Anytime Dining spots for lucky wait listed guests! you never know what could happen until you ask.

Good luck! We love Anytime Dining!

Thanks for everyone's comments. Maybe something will work out before our cruise. We won't be able to get on the ship until around 4:00 that day- so if there is a dining problem we'll go to the Maitre'D very first thing. Like many of you have said, who knows-someone might change to TD and there might be an opening. Meanwhile, I'll keep checking with Carnival. Cruising the Southern Caribbean in January is going to be a wonderful cruise, and I'm sure the dining will work out fine.:)

I can't remember the specifics of our assigned dining on Elation a couple years ago, but I think we were late seating assigned and wished to get it switched to Anytime. In our previous experiences, late dining just doesn't set us up for success even having one of the most well behaved, 'restaurant trained' of children.

I, and about 50 new friends stood in line on sailing day to get it switched. I don't remember it being one of my more positive customer service experiences that trip, but I can't say I blame him for being kind of snippy about the whole thing. At least I was polite, which is more than I can say for several of the people ahead of me in line. I simply explained that I wished to have anytime dining because the late seating was just not conducive to a positive experience for us in the past. (For some reason, early wasn't an option.) I think I POLITELY said that if we can't switch, then we likely wouldn't utilize the dining room that trip, and the dining room is part of the 'experience' of the trip which we look forward to a lot. He told me he'd do what he could, no promises, but if we got switched they'd send a note the following afternoon. I think we had to do the assigned seating the first night and the M'D would try to get it switched for the remaining nights.

We got switched the second night and had a nice experience. I think the trick is honey rather than vinegar, kwim???

I liked the advice Cruisesearcher gave. I will be polite, and explain that we would like to sit with family in your time dining. Then if the Maitre'D acts like she's not willing to make that happen, I will get a little more assertive, and tell her that how this is handled will be mentioned when I write my cruise review to Carnival and other major cruise websites. (like Cruise Critic:)) If we do get your time dining and are able to be with our family, I will let everyone know. That will be great PR for Carnival. Meanwhile I'll let ya'll know if we get off the waitlist and assigned on YTD. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I liked the advice Cruisesearcher gave. I will be polite, and explain that we would like to sit with family in your time dining. Then if the Maitre'D acts like she's not willing to make that happen, I will get a little more assertive, and tell her that how this is handled will be mentioned when I write my cruise review to Carnival and other major cruise websites. (like Cruise Critic:)) If we do get your time dining and are able to be with our family, I will let everyone know. That will be great PR for Carnival. Meanwhile I'll let ya'll know if we get off the waitlist and assigned on YTD. Thanks!

We have a similar problem - we are waitlisted for early TD dining, and really hope to get it. Don't know what will happen if we don't get it, though I was advised in another thread that we will be assigned "something", possibly late fixed, or YTD. When I expressed my hopes to the Carnival representative when I booked the cruise, he said to "make nice" to the Maitre'D on the first day. I assume he meant to slip some $$$ under the table. Well, that isn't going to happen! We'll just keep our fingers crossed, and I'm sure we won't starve to death!:)

Threatening is not a very good idea.If YTD is full the only way to make room for you is to remove someone else and that is not going to happen

Wow, if I was your MD, I would be sure to NOT grant your request if that is how you approached it!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Archived