Tell me about crusing in January from New York

roveer

Last year we cruised out of NYC on the Jewel in a S1 Garden Villa during Thanksgiving week We had a really great time. This year I couldn't get away from work for Thanksgiving. This time I'm considering January.

Please share your thoughts about cruising in January out of NYC. I know it will be cold but how's Florida and Nassau? Since we will have the garden villa there always lots of space and the hot tub.

I'm really interested to know what would be that much different from when we went in November

I'm curious to hear about this time of year as well. We are on the Gem out of NYC the last week of December. I know the waters coming in and out of the northeast can be choppy at times, but not too familiar with anything else....unfortunately we aren't in the Haven area this time :) but can't wait none the less!!

Last year we cruised out of NYC on the Jewel in a S1 Garden Villa during Thanksgiving week We had a really great time. This year I couldn't get away from work for Thanksgiving. This time I'm considering January.

Please share your thoughts about cruising in January out of NYC. I know it will be cold but how's Florida and Nassau? Since we will have the garden villa there always lots of space and the hot tub.

I'm really interested to know what would be that much different from when we went in November

We cruised last January on the Jewel to the Caribbean and then again on the Jewel the beginning of March to Florida/Bahamas, both in CYV both times calm wonderful seas. January is very iffy for Florida..sometimes it can be chilly but not too bad. We are always in Nassau In January (either via ship or a week at the Sheraton) We usually have sunny warm high 70's low 80, GSC would be about the same) I would not hesitiate to do it especially with the "Haven" as a sanctuary.

Archived