Ponta Delgada vs Lisbon (Portugal)

Looking at 2 cruises, each stopping at these ports in Portugal, and just looking for some advice on the nicer of the two, for just a leisurely day of exploring.

Thanks

We stayed 2 days in Lisbon prior to our cruise. We mainly walked, enjoyed people watching and rode on several different trams.

I haven't been to Ponta Delgada, but I did some research on the internet.

Two different extremes; Lisbon has a population of almost 3,000,000 in the metro area and Ponta Delgada has a population of 44,000 in the urban area.

Thanks for the response!

I also see that you have sailed Oceania...how did you find it?

We specifically searched out a smaller ship for our Med cruise; it just seemed more appropriate for the Med. Personally, I really enjoyed the intimate feel.

The demographic is older, typically well traveled, and well educated. We are in our early 50's and fit in well, although most folks were in the 60 - 70 age bracket. In general, there are very few, if any children on this line. There are no children's programs. Due to the small ship size, Oceania is not known for entertainment; the ship cannot handle the large revue type of productions.

Because of the size of ship, there are few lineups for anything.

Very strict no smoking policy. One is allowed to bring on wine for consumption in one's cabin. Dress is County Club Casual with no formal nights. Specialty restaurants are free.

If you enjoy excellent food, top notch service and a more refined feel, this is the perfect line.

Lisa

Very strict no smoking policy. One is allowed to bring on wine for consumption in one's cabin. Dress is County Club Casual with no formal nights. Specialty restaurants are free.

If you enjoy excellent food, top notch service and a more refined feel, this is the perfect line.

Lisa

This does sound perfect!!

Haven't been to Lisbon but I have been to Ponta delgada...as mentioned above, it is very small and it is also very walkable. We walked all over, took a mini train ride, (what looked like a great museum was closed for renovation). Lovely gardens, coffee overlooking the waterfront, etc. We also took 2 all day taxi rides all over the island...not sure if you have time for that.

Archived