Is lamanai or "x" worth the long trip

elou

Been to Altun Ha. Just wondering if either is really worth the long day.

Oh I sure hope someone answers this question. I'm the only one in my group who wants to go to Lamanai and I can't get anyone to commit and we only have a week before our cruise.....so kind of late to book a tour :(

Do a search on this board for Lamani & you will get lots of info.

We did this trip in April of this year, using Island Marketing & thought that the long trip was well worth it. The speedy boat ride alone is a ball each way & the van ride to & from the boat was like a mini tour of Belize. The ruins were among the best we have seen which include Tulum, Coba, Palenque, Chin Cinetza [sP?] & more.

And we got back to the Tourist Village with close to an hour to spare.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

We just arrived home from Liberty and went to Belize on Tuesday. We took the long and adventerous Lamanai highway/boat adventure. I just posted a few details in another post about this, read that for more details. You can climb 11 stories high on one ruin. It is a fun adventure, but not for those with medical issues, very overweight, etc. It is strenuous climbing!!

We just arrived home from Liberty and went to Belize on Tuesday. We took the long and adventerous Lamanai highway/boat adventure. I just posted a few details in another post about this, read that for more details. You can climb 11 stories high on one ruin. It is a fun adventure, but not for those with medical issues, very overweight, etc. It is strenuous climbing!!

Sunnyshine - which company did you use for your Lamanai tour? We're going to be on the Liberty in January and I still haven't made the decision to book Lamanai. I keep reading mixed opinions about getting back to the ship in time, but it sounds like you had no problems! And since you were on the same ship we'll be on, it makes me feel a bit more confident! Thanks!

We did this excursion on Liberty last March as well...loved the boat trip and the ruins...it truly is a steep climb up the ruins and seems to be a steeper descent...lol

Sunnyshine - which company did you use for your Lamanai tour? We're going to be on the Liberty in January and I still haven't made the decision to book Lamanai. I keep reading mixed opinions about getting back to the ship in time, but it sounds like you had no problems! And since you were on the same ship we'll be on, it makes me feel a bit more confident! Thanks!

Don't mean to hijack a thread, but I can tell you that last March on Liberty of the Seas we did this trip on an excursion booked through Royal Caribbean so that we wouldn't have to worry about missing a tender back to the ship....it was an enjoyable excursion....and we had time to do some shopping when we returned to Belize City

Archived