Cabin layout/floor plans for Tauck?

SFSusan

I've searched the Tauck site and done Google searches, but can't find a cabin layout or cabin floor plan for the Tauck Swiss Jewel/ms Treasures ships doing the Budapest to Amsterdam cruise, specifically for the Cat. 6 suites and the Cat. 5 junior suites.

I've seen a couple of cabin photos, but nothing that details the cabin layout. I want to compare those two cabin types and see if it's worth paying for the full suite (I'm particularly trying to find out if the suite is 2 rooms, or just a larger single room).

Does anyone have a source for the plans, or can tell me if the suite is one or two rooms and how spacious it seems?

Thanks in advance!

My guess is that the suite info for the new boat is the same as for the older one's...again, my guess!

I think if you go to the Tauck site and find the layouts for active boats you will get the info you seek!

On our last Tauck cruise, we were in Cat 6 and our friends in Cat 5.

The Cat 5 was a bit smaller and angular than our Cat 6 (again, if you look up the layouts on Tauck's site I think you'll understand what I mean) and was at the very front of the ship on our deck.

The Cat 6 room is quite spacious relative to other rooms we've had (Crystal Cruise AA) and accommodates a large bed, nice bathroom, a small sofa seating area and spacious closets.

I hope this has been a little bit of a help and I hope I haven't confused you even more!

(Formerly Bay Area resident (Danville) for 17 years and miss it!!!)

ddschur is correct. All the current Tauck boats are layed out the same way. If you look ar Swiss Emerald it will give you your plan. The cat 6 is a very nice size, we sailed AMS-BUD in one; plenty of room. I didn't think the cat 5 was well laid out and would not spring for the extra $$.

To SFSusan,

Call your TA, go by a Travel Agency or call Tauck to get a brochure. They were detailed in their brochures. The suites are 300 sq. feet and the regular cabins are 150 sq. ft. (they seem bigger). There are some cabins which are jr. suites that are about 170 sq. feet.

Sheila

Sorry, folks, I still don't see the actual cabin layout on the Tauck site. Deck plans, yes, but no cabin floorplans. I've read descriptions, but was wanting to see layouts. But I do appreciate the info, ddschur and newlondon, especially the suggestion that Cat. 5 wasn't worth the $$! I think I'll have to get the brochure, although the e-brochure shows other ship info, but not their river ships.

Archived