Carnival Dream

OnTheBrink

• 1 month later...

We just returned from the Dream sailing the week after Thanksgiving. While we did not bring our daughter on this trip, we can't wait to get her back on this ship. We are not generally fans of Carnival ships, but the Dream has won us over. I'd say the kids would most enjoy the great water slides, pools of course, the very nice miniature golf course, great basketball court, outdoor movie screen, laser shows, Fun Force dancers, the large arcade, the pizzeria and ice cream machines, and the many "fun" photo ops, like with a giant towel animal, pirates, pretty mexican dancers, etc. It's nice the the MDR menu now has a burger on it too, which makes dinnertime a little easier. Our 5 year old loves the camp activities, but I'd say at the ages of your kids, I bet they like best the simple freedom of going wherever they want without parents hovering! This is a great ship. Not sure what your ports are, but FYI if you are going to Roatan, the beach at the port is great for kids, with lots for them to do.

Loved the ship. I went in Dec. and booked again for Nov. In addition to previous comment, there is a pasta bar upper level of the Gathering, a mediterrean bar and deli near the aft pool. Sushi is on deck 5. We really like the Serenity, adult only, pool area. It was hard to find a lounge chair though. The farewell party, the last night, on most Carnival cruises, has free drinks.

Archived