How does Paradise Beach work?

pudy68

We've been twice (2004 and 2008) and we are headed back next month, but I guess it's undergone a lot of changes/upgrades since then. Looks like thye have an awesome new pool, too, which is a huge plus for me.

Anyhow, I looked at their website and they say 2 bucks for a chair rental, and they offer some kind of pass to play with all of their beach toys for 12 bucks. I want to confirm if that $12 is in addition to the chair rental, or does it include it? I thought the last time I went there, I bought an arm band which got me a chair and the beach stuff.

Also, what's the taxi rate now? We'll be a party of 4 adults. Is this part of Mex safe to venture out on our own? I know it's only about a 15 min taxi ride, but I want to be safe, at least in my mind :-)

We've been twice (2004 and 2008) and we are headed back next month, but I guess it's undergone a lot of changes/upgrades since then. Looks like thye have an awesome new pool, too, which is a huge plus for me. The pool is awesome!

Anyhow, I looked at their website and they say 2 bucks for a chair rental, and they offer some kind of pass to play with all of their beach toys for 12 bucks. I want to confirm if that $12 is in addition to the chair rental, or does it include it? I thought the last time I went there, I bought an arm band which got me a chair and the beach stuff. It's still that way. They will give you the appropriate arm band. Still pay as you go type resort.

Also, what's the taxi rate now? We'll be a party of 4 adults. Is this part of Mex safe to venture out on our own? I know it's only about a 15 min taxi ride, but I want to be safe, at least in my mind :-)

Yes, it's very safe. Taxi will run around $4 pp each way. For 4 you might get a better deal since that's about the whole car.

FWIW, we've been to Paradise Beach several times and we love it. The new pool area is simply amazing. It is beautiful! Plenty of chairs. You can go back and forth from the beach chairs to the pool chairs. Food and drinks resonably priced. Have fun...I would! :)

To see pics of Paradise Beach click the Legend link at bottom of my signature, scroll down a ways, and you'll see several pics.

My sister was there last week with 5 other family members and they bought the wrist bands for 4, chairs and had drinks, no lunch. When it was time for them to leave the waiter told them they hadn't spent $60, which was required. My brother-in-law explained between the wrist bands, chairs and drinks they had indeed spent over $60. Until they were ready to leave there was no mention of the $60. We were there this past April and there wasn't any mention of spending $60 at that time either. But since we had lunch, drinks and chairs we did spend over $60 at that time. Just wanted to let you know what seems to be a new policy.

Donna

I've been there twice so far, and no one has ever mentioned a cover charge of $10/pp. However, we did purchase chairs & lunch, so it may never have been an issue. I just sent them an email asking about their policy and I will post their answer here when I receive it.

OK, here is the email thread:

Hola Julie!!!

The $2 usd does not only cover chair,its basically the use of our

instalations,bathroom,umbrellamchairs,etc...We also ask for a $10 usd

minimum in food or drinks.

When you get a Fun Pass wristband you have to buy the $2usd if you wish to

use the chairs.

If you need anything else, please let me know

Victoria

> Hello,

>

> Question about the Fun Pass. When I buy one of these for $12, does that

> also get me a lounge chair, or is that another $2?

>

> Also, is there a cover charge if we just buy the $2 chair rental?

>

> Thank you!

> Julie

>

> p.s. This will be my 3rd trip to your facility, and I am stoked to use

> your brand new pool (it looks beautiful!!)

We were there over Thanksgiving and didn't see anyone being hassled for the $10 minimum in food/drinks.

They were fairly strict about the $2 for each person... they approached you as you entered the resort from the taxi stand. There was no pressure for the $12 adder (for blow up toys, kayaks, snorkel equipment, etc). Initially, we only got the $2 per person but then later got the $12 wristband for the toys/kayaks for about half our group of eight people.

I sat in a chair and read for three hours and was never once asked to order something. I did get a beer when I got thirsty but felt under no pressure to do so.

There were a few other ships in port that day and the beach wasn't full, but it was relatively busy. Perhaps the amount of hassle that you receive depends on how busy they are. The waiters seemed to be running around constantly so maybe they didn't have time to solicit more business?

We enjoyed the afternoon and will likely return the next time we're in Cozumel.

Archived