Need ideas for a celebration onboard!

DetroitMike1

I highly recommend Chankanaab National Park in Cozumel. They have several different Dolphin excursions to pick from. My daughter did the Royal Dolphin Swim where you get pulled through the water by 2 Dolphin while you hold on to thier dorsal fins and then you get pushed up out of the water by the Dolphin pushing on the bottom of your feet. There is a very nice board walk for you and the wife to sit and watch and take pictures of the kids while the boys are enjoying the encounter. My daughter said it was the best excursion ever. Chankanaab also has a very nice beach where you can relax under a thatched roof pappla and be waited on by the very attentive waiter. Ya'll can snorkel right from the beach. They have stairs that go out into the water. Easy in and easy out.

Take a taxi from the pier to Chankanaab and pay for the Dolphin excursion at the park. You get a better deal than the excursion offered through the ship.

We went to Nachi in October and did not find it to be a good fit for kids or snorkeling.

I have some health problems, nothing like what you have gone through, but walking for me is limited.

I think you are right that the tubing is to much for you - there is a 30 minute walk through the jungle to get to it. But you wife and son may enjoy it giving you to with the younger one.

In GC - snorkling at eden rock is great. It's a short walk to eden rock, only took me 15 minute, most ppl do it in less than 5. There is a ladder to get in and out of the water and a short swim to the coral. Snorkel equipment can be rented for around $15.00. No need to pay for an expencive tour here.

Rotaan, my fav. stop on that interary. Mahogany bay is nice. If you want water activities the price on the ship is not much. If you just want to swim, relax, it costs nothing to go to the beach. The walk to the beach was not horrable, but coming back to the ship is up hill. For me it was a bit much, the flying chair is $12.00pp for unlimited rides, I will be doing that next time.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your family.

Archived