Princess Vacation Protection

WMWarrior

We booked our cruise in May. 14 day Holiday cruise thru the Panama Canal on the Coral. My Mom is treating us (me, husband, and 14 year old son). Last week my husband decides he is not going. Uh-oh. I call Princess and ask if we have any options. Guess what? We purchased vacation protection and we can substitute a passenger. (I knew I bought it at booking but did not think it cover would this particular case.) After talking to my mom she decides my son sould invite his best friend. I call Princess make the swap and viola!!! Everything is set. So glad we decided to purchase the vacation protection, otherwise my mom would have spent alot of money for and empty bed. :)

We booked our cruise in May. 14 day Holiday cruise thru the Panama Canal on the Coral. My Mom is treating us (me, husband, and 14 year old son). Last week my husband decides he is not going. Uh-oh. I call Princess and ask if we have any options. Guess what? We purchased vacation protection and we can substitute a passenger. (I knew I bought it at booking but did not think it cover would this particular case.) After talking to my mom she decides my son sould invite his best friend. I call Princess make the swap and viola!!! Everything is set. So glad we decided to purchase the vacation protection, otherwise my mom would have spent alot of money for and empty bed. :)
Actually, this can be done whether you have Vacation Protection or not. There's no charge to change a passenger name on a booking as long as one of the original passengers in the cabin remains the same. After final payment, the charge is $50.

FYI, you can continue to change passenger names in the cabin as long as one passenger doesn't change. Keep that in mind in case your son's friend isn't able to go.

Even though it did not play a role in the name changes in this case, you made a wise decision in purchasing insurance. One important thing tonremember: Now that your son's friend is going on the cruise, be sure his parent or guardian signs the required form allowing him to travel.

Even though it did not play a role in the name changes in this case, you made a wise decision in purchasing insurance. One important thing tonremember: Now that your son's friend is going on the cruise, be sure his parent or guardian signs the required form allowing him to travel.

Thanks for the reminder. I have notarized permission forms for both boys. Would not want to be mistaken for a lady crazy enough to "take" 2 stinky teenage boys on a cruise.;) I am big fan of the insurance. We have 2 cabins and had to change around the passengers to show an adult in each one and we paid no fees.

Now the airlines where another story all together. But not as bad as I anticipated.

Is it Dec 20th yet?

Gertz, mom is wonderful, she also took us on an Alaska cruise 3 years ago. My hubby would not even consider going on that one, so when I was a little surprised he was willing to book this one. :confused:

Fun WILL be head by all of us going on this cruise, I know the boys will have a blast.

Actually, this can be done whether you have Vacation Protection or not. There's no charge to change a passenger name on a booking as long as one of the original passengers in the cabin remains the same. After final payment, the charge is $50.

FYI, you can continue to change passenger names in the cabin as long as one passenger doesn't change. Keep that in mind in case your son's friend isn't able to go.

Thanks, Pam for the info.

If I book through a travel agent, can I still change the name(s)? Or is it only for cruises booked directly with Princess?

Thanks, Pam for the info.

If I book through a travel agent, can I still change the name(s)? Or is it only for cruises booked directly with Princess?

If you've booked directly with Princess, you'd call them. If you've booked through a TA, you'd call the TA. It doesn't matter who you booked with. :) The thing to check is whether your TA charges a change fee. Some do. The only charge by Princess is the $50 name change fee after final payment. The TA will pass that charge on to you and if their policy is to charge a change fee on top of that, you'll have to pay it. The TA has to clearly indicate to you whether they charge any fees. Usually, that's in the booking summary they send to you.

Archived