Southern Caribbean excursions-advice please!

hawaiinana

We'll be on the Victory Jan. 1- and I hope I have booked some good excursions. Has anyone done: The Dolphin & Whale Watch Safari on St. Lucia? What about the St. Kitts by Rail & Scenic Drive? Has anyone done the Best of St. Maarten Island & Beach Combo? Please let me know if these were worth the time and money, and if you enjoyed them. (We haven't booked anything for St. Thomas or Barbados yet.) This is our first visit to all these islands-so any advice you have would really be appreciated. Thank you fellow cruisers! You are so helpful!

We'll be on the Victory Jan. 1- and I hope I have booked some good excursions. Has anyone done: The Dolphin & Whale Watch Safari on St. Lucia? What about the St. Kitts by Rail & Scenic Drive? Has anyone done the Best of St. Maarten Island & Beach Combo? Please let me know if these were worth the time and money, and if you enjoyed them. (We haven't booked anything for St. Thomas or Barbados yet.) This is our first visit to all these islands-so any advice you have would really be appreciated. Thank you fellow cruisers! You are so helpful!

St Kitts rail is supposed to be good. We used Royston. He had kind of a crappy van, but was one of the best locals tour.

St Thomas We had Sonny Liston. He was fun sings a lot. Maybe too much:)

Barbados We made our own tour group from roll call. Walked to bus station (5-10 min walk). Took bus to 2 different beaches. Had a blast. People were very nice!

Went in Sept on the Victory best cruise in the 6 I have taken

St Thomas I would do Sunny Liston good tour and fun

St Luica we loved Cosol tour lots of sites food and drinks and a boat ride to a beach between the Pitons

St Kitts Went with Theford Grey really nice an very informative

St Marrteen Bernards tour is the best

Also check in with your roll call we met alot of great people and went on the same tours with alot of them

Have a great cruise

I have done all but the whale watch tour. I had researched what I assume is the same excursion through NCL almost 2 years ago and it looked really great. A lot of different whales and dolphins. I did the Rail through NCL. I enjoyed it a lot. They have gospel singers perform on and off throughout the tour and they serve punch. I had the nonalcoholic but I think they also had alcohol. Not 100 percent sure on that. I enjoyed doing that once but it definitely is a been there and done that kind of excursion. I did the St Maarten beach tour, first seeing the island and then spending an hour and a half on the beach. Went to Boo Boo Jam. LOVED it ! I thought the beach tour was worth it, but the Rail excursion I thought was a little high priced for what you got.

St. Maarten: If you want a tour, go with Bernards for sure! $40pp. Don't go through Carnival here. You can do the exact same things or better for cheaper through an independent tour or on your own. If you just want a beach day, take a cab to Orient Beach.

St. Thomas: anything that goes over to St. John and Trunk Bay will be great. You can do this on your own as well. On St. Thomas, we took cabs to Magens Bay then Sapphire Beach. Both nice beaches, Magens can get very crowded by noon or so if there are a lot of ships in port.

St. Kitts: we did a full island tour through Jim & Rose, which was awesome! $41pp. I haven't heard of the tour you booked, so I can't comment on that.

Archived