balcony vs ocean suite

hawaiinana

bigger room (275 sq.ft. vs 185), bigger balcony (65 vs 35), and VIP embarkation. It wouldn't be worth much extra money to me, since I'm not a balcony person. If you plan on being out and about plenty, there's no reason to go bigger. But if you like spending lots of time in the room/balcony, it's something to consider.

I agree- If you plan to spend considerable time IN the cabin go with the extra space.

You get the added space-- a bath tub instead of just a shower and priorty check in. (no other amenities come with that suite)

Thanks for the comments. We have decided to upgrade to a suite, for the extra room, larger bathroom with tub/shower, refrigerator in the room, VIP embarkation, and a guaranteed dining preference. We've been on the waitlist for yourtime dining since we booked, and now the waitlist has been cleared and we are assigned ytd. We really like that flexibility for dinner, especially on this Southern Caribbean cruise in ports until 5:00.

How does the VIP boarding work on Carnival?

Thanks for the comments. We have decided to upgrade to a suite, for the extra room, larger bathroom with tub/shower, refrigerator in the room, VIP embarkation, and a guaranteed dining preference. We've been on the waitlist for yourtime dining since we booked, and now the waitlist has been cleared and we are assigned ytd. We really like that flexibility for dinner, especially on this Southern Caribbean cruise in ports until 5:00.

How does the VIP boarding work on Carnival?

I doubt you will be disappointed! Have a wonderful cruise and let us know how it went when you return.

Archived