Anyone drop off/pick up passengers in Charleston?

bguppies

DW leaves today on the Fantasy.

They have a ride from work to the port today.

I need to pick them up and deliver them to work when they arrive home Monday morning.

Just curious of how the port works for pick ups, since I know the parking inside the warehouse there is different.

They will be doing VIP self debark with all of their luggage, so they will be the first off the ship.

Just curious where to go to get in and wait for them and what time do the gates open?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Bill

I think a cell phone will be handy in this case.

When a ship docks it gotta be cleared before passengers are disembarked.

If you get your friends to call you when the ship gets that all clear-- then you go get them.

THey still will need to clear customs/immigration.

Once you get the call you just drive up and get them. (its easier for them to sit and wait then it will be for you.

I've sailed out of Charleston twice - most recently a couple of weeks ago. We were always dropped off and picked up by cab, so I imagine that personal pickup is similar. You won't be allowed to pull into the immediate port area, rather your passengers will need to meet you in front of the Customs House which is right across the street.

After going through the customs/immigration process (very quick and painless), staff are directing people out the building and to the right. They will just walk across the bridge and be at the Customs House, where there are a couple of benches available and always a few passengers waiting for pickups.

This last cruise, we were in the second group to debark at 6:40 am. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get out the door, down the ramp, through customs, and across the bridge. (Self-assist, so no luggage search.)

Depending on how far away from port you are, I agree with the above poster that perhaps your wife can give you a call when they start letting passengers off. Fantasy is currently doing a "silent debarkation" where there are no announcements over the loudspeakers. All debarkation times are printed and left in the rooms and are on the TVs in the cabins.

The shuttle bus driver that takes passengers from the luggage drop-off to the terminal door was the one that relayed the information to us about pickup at the Customs House! Her driver today may have additional answers if she needs them. :)

I've sailed out of Charleston twice - most recently a couple of weeks ago. We were always dropped off and picked up by cab, so I imagine that personal pickup is similar. You won't be allowed to pull into the immediate port area, rather your passengers will need to meet you in front of the Customs House which is right across the street.

After going through the customs/immigration process (very quick and painless), staff are directing people out the building and to the right. They will just walk across the bridge and be at the Customs House, where there are a couple of benches available and always a few passengers waiting for pickups.

This last cruise, we were in the second group to debark at 6:40 am. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get out the door, down the ramp, through customs, and across the bridge. (Self-assist, so no luggage search.)

Depending on how far away from port you are, I agree with the above poster that perhaps your wife can give you a call when they start letting passengers off. Fantasy is currently doing a "silent debarkation" where there are no announcements over the loudspeakers. All debarkation times are printed and left in the rooms and are on the TVs in the cabins.

The shuttle bus driver that takes passengers from the luggage drop-off to the terminal door was the one that relayed the information to us about pickup at the Customs House! Her driver today may have additional answers if she needs them. :)

Thanks, this is the exact info I was looking for.

My Wife asked this afternoon when they got dropped off and were told to be picked up behind the Custom House.

We live about 25-30 minutes from the Custom House, so I will just head down and park there and wait.

(since my Wife and her best friend /co-worker are heading straight in to work after debarkation... I could never do that. I need a day to decompress)

Appreciate the fast response.

Can't wait for DW to get home with all the Christmas decoration pictures she has already taken before they even shove off.

Bill

Archived