Just back from Cavetubing with X-Treme!

rosyinGA

I almost cancelled our cavetubing because of what I read about the snakes, but decided to go anyway........so glad we went!!! We had a great time, my 13 & 9 year old loved it. We did not see any snakes. The water was low, so we had to work, definintly not a relaxing float down the river. We booked with X-treme, a total of 9 people in our group!! We were held "captive" by RCCL, since we didn't book our excursion through them, they made us wait 1 1/2 hrs, after they let 300+ people off before us, we missed our scheduled time with X-treme, but they were there waiting on us 2 hours later, & assured us we had enough time, off we went, we even had time for lunch...I highly recommend getting the lunch, it was delicious! I also highly recommend X-treme. :)

The water was a little cold when we first got in, of course we were hot from the walk, but we quickly got used to it! The water was clear, very beautiful. My kids loved it, my 9 year old is still talking about it, she says it was the best part of the trip. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
I almost cancelled our cavetubing because of what I read about the snakes, but decided to go anyway........so glad we went!!! We had a great time, my 13 & 9 year old loved it. We did not see any snakes. The water was low, so we had to work, definintly not a relaxing float down the river. We booked with X-treme, a total of 9 people in our group!! We were held "captive" by RCCL, since we didn't book our excursion through them, they made us wait 1 1/2 hrs, after they let 300+ people off before us, we missed our scheduled time with X-treme, but they were there waiting on us 2 hours later, & assured us we had enough time, off we went, we even had time for lunch...I highly recommend getting the lunch, it was delicious! I also highly recommend X-treme. :)

I understand RCCL wants their booked excursions off first. Do they give out tender tickets or how do they determine who gets off when? I was under the impression from another poster that we could show our confirmation from X-treme tubing for an early timed excursion and they would let us off ship so as not to be late. Also who was your guide? I hear Richard isvery good. Also ( sorry so many questions ) from start to finish how long- I hear about 5 hours? Did you feel it was a tight sqeeze to get back to the ship inthe afternnon? So many people have posted close call times getting back to the tender area. Also how was the lunch ( I hear it's very good ) and did you try the beer and how much does it cost ( lunch and / or beer )? We are booked in November and have a meeting time of 8:00 a.m. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!!

Char64 We had Richard as our guide in Oct. He was Great. Very knowlegdable and proud of his country. We had lunch and the local beer which is Belkin. Lunch was 5.00. I forget how much the beers were. Lunch was soooooo yummy, and the beers were the icing on the cake. We never felt rushed. It was a great day.

Just returned from the Miracle 4/24 and have to say that cave tubing with X-Stream was great!! I am still unpacking so I haven't had a chance to write a detailed review, but if you are looking to book---go X-Stream!

Archived