combining points

LOGHL

My husband passed away recently, and to say that I am devastated is putting it mildly.

In his will he transfers all his point, nights, etc. to me.

This will have very little bearing for the cruise line, as I would be paying a single supplement (if I choose to cruise) and they would lose very little, if anything. Both Silversea & Reget are balking at this...Has any one else ever had a similar problem ???:(

My husband passed away recently, and to say that I am devastated is putting it mildly.

In his will he transfers all his point, nights, etc. to me.

This will have very little bearing for the cruise line, as I would be paying a single supplement (if I choose to cruise) and they would lose very little, if anything. Both Silversea & Reget are balking at this...Has any one else ever had a similar problem ???:(

Sorry for your loss, but if you traveled with him you should also have the points!

Excuse my ignorance, but what are cruise points with regards to SilverSea?

I know I get credit for each night sailed and at 100 nights, for example, I get free laundry and 5% off future sailings. But I wouldn't expect my husband's nights to be transferred to me. Are there additional cruise points I'm collecting towards some reward other than the Venetian Society rewards?

With regards to airline points, while the points may be transferred, they arrive in my account as regular miles, not as status miles and don't count towards any status level, at least with Air Canada. So if my husband was a Super Elite with the right to convert any revenue seat to a reward seat, Star Alliance Gold membership (so lounge access around the world and priority check-in and baggage allowance), I would not get that privilege, just the number of miles in his account.

Excuse my ignorance, but what are cruise points with regards to SilverSea?

I know I get credit for each night sailed and at 100 nights, for example, I get free laundry and 5% off future sailings. But I wouldn't expect my husband's nights to be transferred to me. Are there additional cruise points I'm collecting towards some reward other than the Venetian Society rewards?

With regards to airline points, while the points may be transferred, they arrive in my account as regular miles, not as status miles and don't count towards any status level, at least with Air Canada. So if my husband was a Super Elite with the right to convert any revenue seat to a reward seat, Star Alliance Gold membership (so lounge access around the world and priority check-in and baggage allowance), I would not get that privilege, just the number of miles in his account.[/

Kate,I believe what she's talking about is the credits for all those things you mentioned!

Archived