Flights arranged with Oceania

sammyboots

We have done the air deviation before so I know how it works. My question is: will O let us make a stopover? Itinerary is: Vancouver to Istanbul; Athens to Paris; Paris to Vancouver. Will the Paris stopover be considered? My TA says yes and O says no. Did I get the right answer from O operator?

Depends how you define a "stopover". Are you simply changing planes in Paris or where you intending to spend some time there? :confused:

We have done the air deviation before so I know how it works. My question is: will O let us make a stopover? Itinerary is: Vancouver to Istanbul; Athens to Paris; Paris to Vancouver. Will the Paris stopover be considered? My TA says yes and O says no. Did I get the right answer from O operator?

Yes, but they will charge you US$250.00 "stopover fee" per person plus any discrepancy in fares.

In my case we will take a cruise from MIA to BCN. We live in Vancouver. My TA requested on my behalf for deviation, from YVR to MIA (arrive two extra days early, O provides one day hotel pre cruise). From BCN to YYZ (stay there for 6 days to visit our grand-daughter), then YYZ to YVR. O would charge us $125.00/person for deviation (arrive on day early in MIA than O's plan), I accepted that. But O will charge us $250.00/person for "stopover", plus airfare pricing difference. I declined, the US$250.00/person charge saving will almost pay our flight from YYZ to YVR which is CAD $321.00/ person which I had purchased the tickets. We also opted out hotel stay and should receive US$250.00/person off on our final payment. I used US $500.00 to book a boutique hotel in South Beach for two nights stay.

Depends how you define a "stopover". Are you simply changing planes in Paris or where you intending to spend some time there? :confused:

I guess Lola911 plan to stay in Paris for few days. In my case, we will stay in Toronto for 6 days and O will charge us US$250.00/person for "Stopover". :mad:

I guess Lola911 plan to stay in Paris for few days. In my case, we will stay in Toronto for 6 days and O will charge us US$250.00/person for "Stopover". :mad:

In this day and age where bonafide, licensed Travel Agents are charging their clients stiff upfront fees to book Airfare,because the airlines no longer pay commissions, that Stopover fee makes perfect sense to me.

Those who want the convenience and security of Oceania doing the legwork will pay the fee; those who prefer to save a buck have the option of booking it privately.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me :D

Archived