Seabourn Pride in Dry Dock

Martita B.

The Pride is currently in dry dock ~Singapore. I think the forcus is on the Crew areas. New carpets, etc. ~ maybe new beds for them!

Also, the many contractors aboard will be replacing, repairing, etc., etc.~pipes, air conditioning ~things we don't see.

I'm happy to hear Carnival Corp. is spending $$$'s on our 'Little Sister's!:p This confirms we'll enjoy sailing on the small ships in the future!:D Owner, Mr Micky would not be spending mega dollars if he didn't intend to keep these in the Seabourn fleet. Happy sailing days ahead for those that enjoy "Your Yachts."

Happy, festive weekend:D

Martita B

• 2 weeks later...

Our pretty'lit old Lady Pride is having a difficult time of it right now.....she was indeed in dry dock, but the contractors in Singapore must not have done their "jobs" timely or correctly ~but, the good news: this is not a 'Humpty Dumpty story ~~:D The plumbing, air-conditioning, etc., etc. will be repaired! Hopefully, ASAP!

Yes, the Pride is an elderly Lady ~but she's still proudly and 'pridefully sailing!:p (I would make a Pride booking today, if she wasn't located soooo far from West Texas ~)

I have an Aunt in Austin who is 98 yrs. young ~she just stopped driving her Mercedes, plays duplicate tournment bridge weekly, lives alone in a hi-rise retirement Manor and is on the internet sending photos and messages daily! Her mind and memory is much better than mine!:confused:

I would place a small wager that soon, the Pride Castle will be back....fit as a fiddle and ready to extend a "welcome back..." to her Seabourn Guests!!

Martita B.

Hope so too...we'll be on Feb 15 Singapore/Andaman Sea. I'm on the hook since we talked some British friends we met on Sea Dream (MUCH more expensive and NOT worth it, by the way) into coming with us. We LOVED the Legend 2 years ago but it was looking a little shabby then. Fingers crossed on the Pride!

I just returned from Singapore, arriving on the Pride. I am hoping the stabilizers are also getting repaired. Some of the days aboard were pretty rough and I heard that was the reason.

This was my first cruise with Seabourn and I really enjoyed it. However the balcony suite was no nicer than the mini-suites we usually have on Princess. I was especially impressed with all the crew.

Archived