about to pull the trigger

hlb76

I just booked us flights to NOLA. Thanks to a great Southwest sale and some credit I had waiting for me. We are looking to sail Elation while we are down there. I have never done a 4 day cruise and really never wanted too but this year timing and cash flow have not been on our side.:( I'm sure we will make the most of it. I'm excited to go back to NOLA we where there in Oct when we sailed Ecstasy it was not the best sailing for many reason so we are ready for a redo.

Any suggestion on Elation? I think we are going to just book the cheapest inside room to save the $$ for more fun in NOLA plus it's only 4 days. Unless the OV are bigger on this ship.

Any suggestions on what to see in NOLA? Or what to do in Coz?

I'm just excited to start planning for a winter get a way. I'm sick of MN winter already

Thanks... I'm sure it will be fine. I just think it's a lot of work to travel for only a 4 day cruise but guess it's only 1 day less than our normal 5 days and we are spending some time pre-cruise in NOLA. It's just so weird as we have always done longer but we threw in a bonus cruise in Oct. and now we suffer.

Plus the schools around here jacked up the schedule and trying to vacation around time off this year is impossible.

We are gonna go with a good attitude and be ready to have a ball!!

There's lots to do down here besides the French Quarter. The Aquarium of the Americas is right on the river near the Quarter and the World War 2 museum isn't far either. Living down here, we have done a few 4 day cruises and agree that they are too short, but more affordable. We usually go for the interior rooms with the porthole windows on the 4 day cruise. It's the same price and you get some natural light in the room. As for Cozumel, we like to go to Paradise beach. Very nice place with a huge swimming pool and the food prices are very reasonable. They have some water toys at the beach that you can pay $12 to use but it's optional. We usually just pay the $2 per person for use of the chairs and hang out at the pool. Hope you have a great time down here!

I live in New Orleans. If you plan on going out at night, I would stay on Canal like at the Sheraton or Marriott. The Hilton is not bad. I would not stay too far from the quarter. Walking at night could be dangerous. I would stay as close to the quarter as possible. Walking during the day is not really a problem. The French Market is always fun, along with the shops around Jackson Square. If you tell me your interests, I can give you some suggestions. Gumbo Shop is a great place for New Orleans food and not very expensive.

I've done really short cruises and nice, long cruises. You'll find out that the boarding, the first DOD, the muster, and the first sail away is enough to make you excited that you're on a ship and going somewhere--even if it's only for 4 days.

The inside cabins are exactly like oceanview cabins, so you won't miss any space by booking an inside. The layout of the Elation is the same as the Ecstasy, so you already know your way around.

Enjoy your visit to NOLA, and enjoy your short cruise!

Archived