My parents are tired of Princess, will they like Lirica?

cruiselovers

• 4 weeks later...

My kids thought they were ready for a change too, but we're NEVER going back on MSC again. They were bored most of the time. On the 4th night, they realized kids were allowed (invited) to the disco, so they at least enjoyed their evenings. Other than that, there was not much else for them to do.

I've been on 2 Princess cruises, and while I'm not bored with it, I am ready to try something new just to see what else is out there. I did extensive research on MSC as well as many of the major lines. I chose MSC for a completely new experience. I'm not going into our cruise expecting it to be like Princess or Carnival or anything else. I know it's different, but I also know that they have a great cruise product, especially if you're looking for a little less hustle and bustle. I still have about 10 months before our Opera cruise to wait, but if your parents know up front that it will NOT be like Princess, but is still great in the MSC way, they will likely have an enjoyable time.

My kids thought they were ready for a change too, but we're NEVER going back on MSC again. They were bored most of the time. On the 4th night, they realized kids were allowed (invited) to the disco, so they at least enjoyed their evenings. Other than that, there was not much else for them to do.

This is good for those of us who prefer to sail on less "family" oriented lines. I think there are lots of options for cruising for kids and would enjoy sailing a line that is a bit less rowdy.

Archived