Ncl brides

Ok I have to ask a question, for the ceremony if you must pay for the photographer's time and pictures, pay for cake for your guests, bring a runner, bring your flowers if you want anything but what they supply and bring your music if you want different, what are you paying for? Even if you go with thier flowers and music isn't the $$ alot for flowers and music seeing as you already paid for the cruise? Yes you get the coordinator( from what I hear for just short time before hand and for the ceremony the whole 15 min of it) and the venue and someone to be the officiant (not necessarily the capitan). I wonder if they have lowered the prices because of that.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but I am coming off a trip to look at wedding dresses and fell in love with one outside my budget.

You are not a debbie-downer just stating the obvious :)

I understand exactly what you are saying as we are staying the Garden Villa which comes with more complimentary than the TWE is offering (well ok maybe not complimentary but included in the price). Anyways, when I brought this up hoping to get a discount because I did not need the bottle of sparkling wine or snacks in room when we arrive or priority boarding etc they said sorry but the price was the price.

On the bright side, I will be marrying the man of my dreams, staying in the Garden Villa for 10 days and spending my wedding day and honeymoon with close friends and family. All in all worth every penny! :D

Thanks for the tip on the taxi, you are so right with the port being so close there really is not a need for a car service. Someone please stop me from being a 'bridezilla'!:D

Save that car service money for some extra fun on board! By the way being a Bridezilla is like temporary insanity......enjoy it! lol

Do you think they would notice if I brought a photographer on as a guest??? He is a family friend? Would they say something??

I personally don't think it would be an issue unless your friend came with a huge camera and a bunch of equipment.

Ok I have to ask a question, for the ceremony if you must pay for the photographer's time and pictures, pay for cake for your guests, bring a runner, bring your flowers if you want anything but what they supply and bring your music if you want different, what are you paying for? Even if you go with thier flowers and music isn't the $$ alot for flowers and music seeing as you already paid for the cruise? Yes you get the coordinator( from what I hear for just short time before hand and for the ceremony the whole 15 min of it) We had a 1/2 hour ceremony and all 3 of our coordinators were there the entire time...even working during the reception. and the venue and someone to be the officiant (not necessarily the capitan). I wonder if they have lowered the prices because of that.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but I am coming off a trip to look at wedding dresses and fell in love with one outside my budget.

You get a very 'unique' wedding experience!

Believe it or not even though this board is full of members not many people get married on a cruise ship. You will probably be the only one you know who has. If you really compare this to a traditional wedding you are saving and that includes getting a weeks vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
I am down to 258 days and already stressed out. I guess you could say I am a bit of a control freak and I just want all my details finalized now and not have to wait til 2 weeks prior. Does anyone have any tips on how to relax and just trust in the process and enjoy the next few months? BTW, I am getting married on the NCL GEM 11/25/2012...thanks Lipz for everything that you have shared with us!!!!!

Hi Chellebells,

We are also getting married on Norwegian 11/25/12. I am absolutely excited, anxious.....best wishes to you!

Hi Chellebells,

We are also getting married on Norwegian 11/25/12. I am absolutely excited, anxious.....best wishes to you!

KCee....CONGRATULATIONS!

How many cruising and non cruising guests are you having? Do you wish as I that we could just get a couple details now like where and when the ceremony will be? LOL, I will drive myself and everyone around me absolutely crazy until then.

I think I have decided to go with the a photography package after all but still haven't decided on the music to put on the CD for the ceremony etc.

KCee....CONGRATULATIONS!

How many cruising and non cruising guests are you having? Do you wish as I that we could just get a couple details now like where and when the ceremony will be? LOL, I will drive myself and everyone around me absolutely crazy until then.

I think I have decided to go with the a photography package after all but still haven't decided on the music to put on the CD for the ceremony etc.

Hi Chellebells, so we are expecting 50 guests, with maybe 26 sailing. I share your sentiments. It is soooo difficult not having exact ceremony location info. Ideally, think we should be allowed to have the entire ceremony/reception in our GV space. We are going with the photo package also but music selection is also taking time. I helped some when I googled/listened to wedding music selections. I am struggling most with decisions around simple florals for centerpieces and favors.

Hi Chellebells, so we are expecting 50 guests, with maybe 26 sailing. I share your sentiments. It is soooo difficult not having exact ceremony location info. Ideally, think we should be allowed to have the entire ceremony/reception in our GV space. We are going with the photo package also but music selection is also taking time. I helped some when I googled/listened to wedding music selections. I am struggling most with decisions around simple florals for centerpieces and favors.

OMG! We are in the Garden Villa too and I also requested the ceremony to be there...but of course they could not confirm nor deny the request LOL. My perfect scenario is on the upper sundeck with the NYC skyline in the background but I need to keep in mind that it will be Nov 25th so maybe inside by the grand piano in front of the picture window will work too. :)

Have you stayed in the GV before? We did on the Jewel and it is so very addicting!

Hi, so this our first time w/NCL. We are (were) primaily RCL loyalists, w/few exceptions until stumbling on a Haven Courtyard article. Thinking we are going to love it ... am consumed w/ joyful anticipation. How awesome awesome if they allowed our events to be held in the suites. We await await. Will let u know when I receive a response. I am a little concerned about privacy, if ceremony is held elsewhere on the ship.

Does anyone know if this has ever been allowed by Norwegian, having the ceremony in any suite, cabin, balcony, garden villa. Etc?

Any experience, thoughts, idea, advice, info would be very appreciated. Thanks.

KCee,

I am not sure if you have seen this on the NCL board but it sounds like we may get our wish :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1613962

Archived