Snorkling in January

gmm8631

Hi,

My DH, kids(8 & 11) and I are headed out on the NCL Epic on Dec 31st. I would like to know the snorkling conditions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten this time of year.I dont want to book a trip if the conditions are rough with cloudy water.If its not great snorkling I would love any other suggestions.

Well, I can share my experiences last year with you, but you just never know, of course. In Jan '11, we had a fantastic experience in St. Thomas - clear, calm water. But, in St. Maartan, the water was so incredibly rough it made me very nervous to have my 2 (older) kids and dh even play in it. Snorkeling was definately out. We never book snorkerling excursions, though. We bring our own gear and take a taxi to a preferred beach. I bet if you ask around on some of the othe boards, you may get a better idea. Hope it works out for you as those are both awesome snorkel places.

Archived