Calling on you experts regarding departure flight

CinWay

We just received notice that our flight has changed out of San Juan. It now leaves at 11:40 am. We are due to arrive in San Juan on the Summit at 6:00 a.m. on Feb. 11. It seems I read somewhere that flights should be no earlier than 12 noon. Do you think 11:40 will be enough time? This is our first cruise so I'm a little nervous - this is the second time the flight has changed. We appreciate your help.

You very likely will be fine; you still have a bit of wiggle room, so it would take a moderate delay to cause you to miss the flight. I do recommend doing the self-disembarkment option (where you carry the luggage off yourself and can be among the first group off the ship) to buy yourself a little extra time as the San Juan airport can get backed up with long, slow moving lines. Therefore it is best to beat the crowd. You also have the extra step at the airport of an agricultural check in addition to the luggage check and security check (so three different lines to get through) .

Great advice.

You very likely will be fine; you still have a bit of wiggle room, so it would take a moderate delay to cause you to miss the flight. I do recommend doing the self-disembarkment option (where you carry the luggage off yourself and can be among the first group off the ship) to buy yourself a little extra time as the San Juan airport can get backed up with long, slow moving lines. Therefore it is best to beat the crowd. You also have the extra step at the airport of an agricultural check in addition to the luggage check and security check (so three different lines to get through) .

YOu should be fine unless the debarkation is delayed. I agree w/ asking for an early number to get off the ship or do the self disembarkation.

However AlanAllyn is correct. If the airline changed your time (they're doing it ALL the time lately it seems), you can call and get your flight changed at no extra cost. I had to do this on my last cruise.

From our experience in observing disembarkation day on a recent Solstice cruise, I have two suggestions: if you plan on self debark, don't plan to use an elevator to transport to the gangway deck, and if you plan to get some breakfast, the lines can be very long.

Our final day was more hectic because we were in code red, and it took four times the normal amount of time to get a cup of coffee, since there was no self service. Even so, without a code red, the final morning in the ocean view rest is much busier than any other day.

Archived