Just off Glory..short review

dayne

We are 2 adults(5th cruise) with 2 young children (1st cruise).

Drove to Orlando..no vacancy anywhere..slept in car

:(...next morning was stuck in traffic because of a really bad car accident for 3 hours on the beeline(not complaining it was very sad)....arrived at port around 1pm. Lines were not bad, we were on board within an hour. Ship is really clean and beautiful. Food was good.I must say that John Heald the cruise director was the best I have ever seen. He made every show sooooo funny. I laughed like crazy. Our room (inside deck 8) was the smallest we have ever had but it was fine. The ship rocked a lot..I dont know why. The crew was great. All the children (there were a lot) were under control and besides a couple of rude chair savers that snapped at a lady beside me for sitting on "their" chair which was vacant for over two hours before they tried to reclaim it...everyone was nice. We were late getting off the ship in St. Thomas (about 2 hours) which made some folks grouchy. A couple missed the ship in Nassau..I heard their rental car broke down. I expected this ship to be crowded but it didnt feel crowded. Lines moved really fast. The only bad things were that on the nights they only had one "show" there was not enough seats for everyone. Also the "grill" that serves hamburgers (yum) and hot dogs was always really slow. We only took one excursion which was booked directly... not through Carnival...it was Lord Sheffield(Sailboat) in St. Maarten. It was great. My 10 year old jumped off the crows nest and I just could'nt believe it. Wonderful views of all the beaches I have reading about. Its nice to see the island from a sailboat. Capt. Ron and Veronica were so nice and helpful. I liked it a lot. The kids said it was the best vacation they have ever had which means a lot since Disney World has held the record until this trip!

Thanks for your review! Hope to hear more about your cruise!! I am under a week to go and reading all that I can get my eyes on to get me in the final total excitement!!

Sorry to hear about your not finding a room! NOT the greatest way to start off but defiently an adventure that you won't forget!

John Heald was the CD on my last Triumph cruise. I thought he was fantastic also!

Does anyone know why the Princess cruise ship returned to port in St. Martin? We were on the Carnival Glory and saw the Princess turn around and return to port...just curious.

Our group of ten had a wonderful week full of fun and food!

Thanks for the review Dayne. We leave on the Glory in 19 days. We're also taking our kids - this will be their third cruise, but their first with Carnival (they wanted that waterslide, pizza and soft serve!) They absolutely loved their first two cruises and are soooo excited about this one. Glad to hear you had a good time despite the rocky start!

dayne - Glad you had a good time. You got on after we left :) . We also got caught in the Beeline jam. Took us over 90 minutes to get to the airport. Fortunately, our flight wasn't until 3:30 but there were some folks on the bus with earlier times. I'm sure some folks missed flights that day.

Glory was great. We noticed a couple of minor service issues but I'd gladly do it again.

Archived