Belize Rays Info

MNcoop

For those of you thinking about trying them i would be a little careful. I was just in Belize last week and had thought I was going to be using them. I had sent an email and they replied they were not doing any pre-booking but to just come by there office and it should be fine. When I got there they said they had been having boat problems and had not been out in over a week. I got the feeling it was maybe more than just boat problems.

It was disappointing becuase my famiy and I had to scrammble to find soemthing else. Just be careful if looking ot use them. Have a backup plan.

I would suggest having a backup plan any time you do a private tour in Belize. We have now been twice and twice we have had to go to a back up plan. I think in the future we will pay a few extra bucks and go through the cruise company.

We used Coral Breeze. I contacted them online and they responded immediately to any questions I had. We were going to do the shark/ray alley, but my son really wanted to cave tube. They were very accomodating about switching the tour. We paid a deposit online and the rest in cash on the dock. I heard the shark/ray tour was good, too, but we have done the rays in Caymen so I was happy to have tried something new. I did email them ahead of time to ask about switching in case the weather was not good, so that was my backup plan.

Ohio Cruiser 2005

The first company we lucked out with was called Belize Sealand Tours, I understand they are now the company that does the ship tours. Last year, we ended up going with Belize Rays. It was an okay trip. We found the spot they took us to snorkel to be mostly dead, but the boat and the crew were very nice.

The first year (with Belize Sealand tours) we went to Goff's Caye. We loved it. That was our plan for last year, but no one was going on the day we were in Belize. The tour (Belize Rays) cost us about $50 a person, Carnival offers a trip to Goff's Caye for $60. It is worth it to us to guarantee a trip to Goff's Caye. Hope this helps.

In Belize I would definitly book a ship tour to do it over again. By the time we tendered in, then went to find Belize Rays to find they were not running and then to find another excursion, then to wait until they were ready to leave, we spent two hours. I am normally a big do it myself guy, but here I would just book the ship tour and not waste anytime. We had a great time at Goff's Caye, but one other thing to keep in mind the people on our private tour from RCI only made it back with about 15 minutes to spare. They were quite stressed. Not worth saving the $10-20 in my opinion.

Archived