Diabetic question about food?

My wife has the same condition. I just called the 800 number for the cruise line and told them over the phone.

But there should be enough food on the regular menu that there should be no problem with them finding good stuff to eat.

I printed sample menus from other ships because I couldn't find one for the SOS and I gave it to my dad to read...He found a lot of stuff he could eat but he was just wondering if they had a seperate menu...I guess I will tell him to call the 800 number also!!! Thanks!!!

I don't believe they have a separate menu, and I don't remember whether the sugar-free desserts are listed on the regular menu or you have to ask for them. I can tell you that they are WONDERFUL!! I agree with previous poster that there is more than enough on the regular menu to be able to make choices from. Just like going into a fine restaurant - they don't have a separate menu for diabetics, you have to make your own healthy choices.

Michele

My husband is diabetic. We've never had any problems. There is plenty on the menu to choose from. He usually asks for fresh strawberries for dessert, though. Even the sugar free items are loaded with sugar alcohols and that still gives him problems.

Are listed on the menus most of the time. You can read many of them ahead of time at www.cruiseclues.com (I am starting to sound like a pusher for this site. I have nothing to do with it, I just like it).

You should have no problem finding things you can eat (just watch your exchanges) but you can call ahead of time and they will alert your waiter and make sure there are things you can eat.

My mother in law is a diabetic and we had to research this for her. Which was a waste because she just eats what she wants.. grrrrrrr.. can't stop her but boy I get mad somedays.

Archived