New Year Start for September cruise...anyone?

jamona2311

Hi Everyone!!

I would love to join your weight loss efforts. I have a goal of 40 pounds by our Dream sailing on Nov. 10. It's only 1 pound a week and sounds very doable--but i have yet to get the job done. Not this year--I swore I'd finish what I start. I'm sure my DH is tired of my starting a diet and then falling off the wagon and starting again & again. Altho--he's very much to blame--we love to go out and have cocktails and appetizers etc. He just doesn't gain the weight like me. I have been weighing in on Tuesdays and have lost 2 pounds so far. I just have trouble once i've lost that first 10 pounds. With your help--maybe i can get past it this time.

Shelly

Hi Shelley! Welcome to the thread! My DH does the same thing..oh lets get pizza, lets grab this..it's frustrating!!! I've lost 5 lbs. so far (started on 1/3/12) by doing the South Beach diet. I've done it before so it's nothing new. I do get frustrated & irritated with people that give you the weird look or try to convince you that just one bite of this or that won't hurt. :mad:

Hi Shelley, my hubbie doesnt put a lb on either, he constantly sits and eats crisps and sweets . We do go out a lot and he doesnt realise how difficult it is for me to keep saying no. He moans at me everytime I get a snack in the evening even though it is usually fruit or yogurt. I like to eat often so its better to divide up my snacks and meals. Still I have managed to lose a few pounds, tommorrow is my 3rd weigh in and going on what the scales are today I have lost 4lbs , so very slow weight loss, but like you if I could lose1lb per week until my cruise I will be a very happy girl. Hope you all are still very positive and losing weight , keep those formal photos in your mind and how good you are going to look. x x

Eileen

Hi Shelley, my hubbie doesnt put a lb on either, he constantly sits and eats crisps and sweets . We do go out a lot and he doesnt realise how difficult it is for me to keep saying no. He moans at me everytime I get a snack in the evening even though it is usually fruit or yogurt. I like to eat often so its better to divide up my snacks and meals. Still I have managed to lose a few pounds, tommorrow is my 3rd weigh in and going on what the scales are today I have lost 4lbs , so very slow weight loss, but like you if I could lose1lb per week until my cruise I will be a very happy girl. Hope you all are still very positive and losing weight , keep those formal photos in your mind and how good you are going to look. x x

Eileen

Hi Eileen and well done. They say that steady loss is best. Still not properly on track and finding weekends are a killer but at least all the Christmas goodies are out of the house now. My weigh in is on Wednesday so fingers crossed. Cathy

Great job Eileen!!!! I am a nurse and even though it's SUPER frustrating, medically it's the safest and best (to keep weight from coming back FAST) to lose about 1-2lbs. a week (depending on your calorie intake, body type, etc.) It's so funny how guys can eat just about anything & not again OR they stop eating one thing,say like changing from white bread to brown, or stop having beers or drinking regular pop & BLAM! there goes 15lbs.!!!! As women, our bodies are already programmed to hold fat for the reproductive process, etc., but on the flipside (and what I like to tease DH with), if there's every a disaster, etc. women will live longer since we have all that stored fat for our bodies to use as energy before it gets to the muscle! hahaha!!! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Eileen

Good for you!!! Pizza and wine tonight--football playoffs. Sooo....the rest of the week will have to be full on diet!! My personal weigh in isn't until Tuesday so I'm just hoping for not a gain at this point.

Have a good week everyone!!!

Good Morning everyone!!!

I've decided the pizza diet does not work!!! (darn!) We've been very busy lately and pizza has been our constant supper. Told DH it has to stop--

Weigh in was HORRIBLE this morning. :eek:

Sooo....time to get back on track & really watch my calories and get some exercise. It's cold & snowy here so I guess I'll have to head to the mall and walk. I don't want to spend the money on a gym membership because I know myself and I won't go. Wasted money that could be spent on vacation!! I really don't have a place for a treadmill so the mall is all I have left.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Great job Eileen!!!! I am a nurse and even though it's SUPER frustrating, medically it's the safest and best (to keep weight from coming back FAST) to lose about 1-2lbs. a week (depending on your calorie intake, body type, etc.) It's so funny how guys can eat just about anything & not again OR they stop eating one thing,say like changing from white bread to brown, or stop having beers or drinking regular pop & BLAM! there goes 15lbs.!!!! As women, our bodies are already programmed to hold fat for the reproductive process, etc., but on the flipside (and what I like to tease DH with), if there's every a disaster, etc. women will live longer since we have all that stored fat for our bodies to use as energy before it gets to the muscle! hahaha!!! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Is that why women live longer? I never knew that.

Well 3 weeks into the diet and have lost 4lbs, wasnt happy at the beginning only losing 1lb a week but as now getting closer to a month the numbers sound better. Do hate how dieting takes over your life, always planning around your diet, thinking about what you are going to eat and making good choices when you are not in control of the kitchen. Having said that I have not been hungry , have snacked carefully and think that has been the difference between losing a 1lb or not.

Have you all had a good week? Have you all managed to lose a little?

Off to walk the dogs now, have a good day all.

Eileen x

• 1 month later...
Ok I have like 75 lbs to get to my goal weight of 140 by the time I sail on the Ecstacy September 20th. I will be using Nutrisystem to get me started, till I cant afford it anymore LOL I used this before and had a lot of success with it.

Im using January 1 as my start date cuz that seem as good a day as any.

If anyone would like to join me, maybe we can keep eachother motivated with posts and weekly weigh ins?????

Join anytime. Post or not. No rules. Just join me :D

Gena

I would maybe this will help me loose the weight I need to loose. camp708@yahoo.com Yvonne

Archived