Entertainment.com Book for Hawaii?

We will be sailing on the Pride of Aloha in 20 days. (My first cruise and I could just wet myself!) Anyway, I keep hearing about the coupon books from entertainment.com, but I can't find a list of what the coupons are good for in Hawaii at the 4 islands we will visit.

I'm mainly interested in 'excursions' and car rental discounts. I hear there is a coupon for the Body Glove Snorkel trip, but we will be going on the Fair Winds Snorkel Trip in Kona, so that coupon doesn't interest me. Neither do the dry cleaning, computer, jewelry cleaning, fast food, etc. coupons.

Can anyone tell me what really GOOD coupons they found in their book?

Thank you!

dani

We went to Hawaii last year for 2 weeks (not a cruise). I purchased the Entertainment Book, but didn't find it was worth it. I did get my $10 worth, because we had 8 children/teenagers with us, and they used the fast food coupons, & souvenir discounts. With a cruise to Hawaii, I don't think you'll be at the ports long enough to take advantage of what the book has to offer. Besides, Hawaii is full of people on the street & shops offering dicount coupons to every touristy thing around.

I purchased the Hawaii book for $17.50 1/2 price plus $5 shipping so have $22.50 invested. I have used the rental car for National Car Rental and my $35 per day for an intermediate dropped to $16.95 when I mentioned the coupon. I had already made the reservation so saved $36.10 already using one coupon. There are all kinds of fast food coupons, dairy queen, TCBY, restaurants. Also has coupons for Polynesian Culture Center buy one get one free $27.00 savings, Missouri Battleship 50% off, Body glove is buy one get one free direct reservations only gives a web site on the coupon, 25% off purchase at Hilo Hatties. Also has printable coupons good for two weeks for the Grand Circle Island Tour in Waikiki 2 for 1, Paradise Cruise 2 for 1, Pearl Harbor Tour discount and 50% off Hanauma Bay Snorkeling. Lots of other stuff too, not sure what else you are looking for. I will save plenty of money using these coupons.

• 9 months later...

If you had to choose between spending $30 on the Entertainment book (current price on their website-just looked), or the $30 Hawaii Gold Card, which would you get more use out of? We will be in Hawaii for about 2 weeks. The first week we will be in Oahu, 5 days for a confence in the morning to mid-afternoon, with a day before, and several after at our leisure. The second week we will be sailing on the Pride of America.

Thanks for any and all input!

Dogdoc2002

I was in Oahu for a week last may and the entertainment book saved me around $300. I used it ever night for dinner and each night depending on the restaurant I saved between $20 to $30. Also used it for 25% to 50% off admission prices and luau and other things.

I always get the Hawaii Entertainment book when I go to Hawaii for a week or more. There are some very good restaurants in there and, remember, you can use the card anywhere that the Entertainment book can be used (unless it changed in the past year).

Archived