Time N Place?

TulaSeoul

I'll try posting this now....have seen several threads about it in the past. Cruising in late March with myself, my husband, and two kids, age 12 and 5. We love the beach. Don't want or feel the need to venture too far, and this souds like itn is close to port.

Has anyone spent a few hours here with kids? If so, how was the beach area for swimming and playing?

How did you get there? Did you prearrange through the website of Time N Place? They have several packages but am thinking we may not even need to stay for a meal....or we should just be able to decide to order at the resturant when we are there correct? No need to decide ahead of time.

If you have done this with kids would you do it again? If not, can you suggest a good alternative?

We really don't want to spend several hundred dollars for a beach day at a resort....not opposed to spending $$ but thinking we will save our big outing for another port. But we definitely want to get off the boat :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'll try posting this now....have seen several threads about it in the past. Cruising in late March with myself, my husband, and two kids, age 12 and 5. We love the beach. Don't want or feel the need to venture too far, and this souds like itn is close to port.

Has anyone spent a few hours here with kids? If so, how was the beach area for swimming and playing?

How did you get there? Did you prearrange through the website of Time N Place? They have several packages but am thinking we may not even need to stay for a meal....or we should just be able to decide to order at the resturant when we are there correct? No need to decide ahead of time.

If you have done this with kids would you do it again? If not, can you suggest a good alternative?

We really don't want to spend several hundred dollars for a beach day at a resort....not opposed to spending $$ but thinking we will save our big outing for another port. But we definitely want to get off the boat :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

I reserved the Silver Package for my husband & I for our port day 1/19/12. I'll try to remember to write about it when I return ;)

It looks like a "real" Jamaican Beach/Bar, not one of the all-inclusives, that could be anywhere...that's what motivated my choice:D

• 3 weeks later...

We did Time N Place with our 3 year old son a few weeks ago. To answer your question, we enjoyed our time there and would go back in a minute. We plan on returning on our next cruise in the fall.

If you aren't familiar with the process, you book a cruise passenger package on their website. Their basic options are transport only, food added, and therapeutic cave visit added. We did transport only. You are required to leave the port and walk about 200 yards down the road to the Scotiabank. The walk is very safe. You will walk by vendor stalls and they will ask if you are interested in buying anything. A simple no thank you will suffice. Now, if you show interest in an item, then that is a different story and all bets are off. Note- if you want to buy a souvenir, buy one on the way back to the ship, and from a vendor who isn't calling you in. For the gentlemen operating taxis, we just said we were walking to the bank (true statement).

Harvel pulled up in his green van at the appointed time. He was on time to the minute. He drove us to the resort, about a 10-15 minute drive. He had no issue with the water bottle we brought with us, note it was 1 water bottle. We arrived at the beach, and it was pretty much welcome and enjoy, as you are maybe 100 ft from the water when the van parks. This resort is what some people would call rustic. I thought it was perfect. The beach front that the resort owns is about 150 yards, but the property next door is vacant, so you could walk a ways.

In terms of facilities, there is a basic bar with a few stools. The bar serves soft drinks, beers, and some liquor. A tab is kept for the day. They also have a few different offerings for lunch. There are two tables used for card games, dominos, dining, etc. There are also two bathrooms. During the day, daylight is used to light them. On the beach there are about 10-15 beach chairs. They are wooden loungers. There are also a couple of sea kayaks for use at no additional charge.

The ocean is very calm and has a gentle slope, which my son loved as he could walk out in the water a long way. This area does have seagrass starting at about 3 feet of water depth. This does cause some accumulation of seagrass on the beach, which the staff rakes constantly. The resort also has 5 dogs, who enjoy the water throughout the day. They are very friendly and are not bothersome at all.

Now, onto what some people might see as an issue. The resort next door is a lifestyle resort, meaning it is a clothing optional resort. There is a pier that separates the two resorts. If you walk over to the pier and look hard, you will probably see someone naked. It didn't bother us at all. It seemed very quiet at that resort when we were there, and noise didn't bother us at all. Basically if you go into it with an open mind, you won't have any issues. Let me also mention, no one stopped by to ask us if we wanted our hair braided, wanted drugs, etc. I would much rather be by a nude resort versus the latter.

When we decided we were ready to go back to the ship, we gave about 10 mins notice and were able to leave shortly thereafter. We just settled our tab (remember tip) and washed our feet. Harvel offered to stop by a market, but we declined. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks CFI Guy!

I have been really interested in this place but unfortunately my group does not want to go.:mad:

Did you happen to see the accomodations? I know it is, shall we say, "rustic" :rolleyes: which is okay by me but I do need it to be clean and regularly maintained with friendly customer service. I was thinking a long weekend stay here might be interesting one day.

Definitely Friendly customer service all around. The rooms were clean but basic. They are all hand built by the owner. They do not have air conditioning, but do have a ceiling fan as well as a stationary fan. There is also a mosquito net. There is wifi, electricity, and a tv in the room. The bathroom is small, but it does have hot and cold water. For the no a/c, think giant windows and sea breeze...

Definitely Friendly customer service all around. The rooms were clean but basic. They are all hand built by the owner. They do not have air conditioning, but do have a ceiling fan as well as a stationary fan. There is also a mosquito net. There is wifi, electricity, and a tv in the room. The bathroom is small, but it does have hot and cold water. For the no a/c, think giant windows and sea breeze...

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Archived