Did anyone make it to Grand Cayman on April 4th?

Molitor194

We were on the Sun and our captain decided not to tender due to rough seas. We did see however that a Carnival ship and a Royal Caribbean stayed behind as we left. We wondered if anyone was able to tender after all.

We heard some stories onboard that supossedly the first ship that tried to tender encountered rough seas and the tender was damaged. I know that there were some disappointed people in our ship especially when they saw that the other ships stayed behind.

Our captain told us that the port was closed. That means that no one got to tender, correct?

Thanks! That was my first cruise! :p

I was also on the sun that day. In coz we talked to some people on the carnival ship and they said they did not get in either. I am assuming the sam efor the others. I just think they got there and docked while we just kept moving. The Carnival ship missed Cost Maya too from what I hear.

We were in GC on thursday and the owner of Mody Dicks said that earlier in the week the winds were pretty high, so maybe that was it I guess...but the seas were very calm when we were there...about 5 or 6 ships in port that day.

The Royal Ship was Splender and they dropped off the band, and decided it was too rough and sailed for Cozemel. We partied with 2 couples in Cozemel who were on the ship and they were disappointed that they missed the island. They then went on to Belize, since Coasta Maya was also too rough. We were on the Jewel and we hoped to see the other couples on Thursday, but their ship did not stop there. I sent them an email to see where they went and to keep in touch. Hope this helps you. Doug & Donna

We were on the Sun and our captain decided not to tender due to rough seas. We did see however that a Carnival ship and a Royal Caribbean stayed behind as we left. We wondered if anyone was able to tender after all.

We heard some stories onboard that supossedly the first ship that tried to tender encountered rough seas and the tender was damaged. I know that there were some disappointed people in our ship especially when they saw that the other ships stayed behind.

Our captain told us that the port was closed. That means that no one got to tender, correct?

Thanks! That was my first cruise! :p

The Royal Ship was Splender and they dropped off the band, and decided it was too rough and sailed for Cozemel. We partied with 2 couples in Cozemel who were on the ship and they were disappointed that they missed the island. They then went on to Belize, since Coasta Maya was also too rough. We were on the Jewel and we hoped to see the other couples on Thursday, but their ship did not stop there. I sent them an email to see where they went and to keep in touch. Hope this helps you. Doug & Donna

Archived