Taormina to Castelmola

nationaltreasure79

Our group will be traveling to Messina, our cruise ship is at Messina from 7:00-4:00. We are planning on taking the train to Taormina. I have read that their is a public bus to go up to Castelmola. Where is the bus station from the train station that would take us to Castelmola?

Thanks for all of your help.

You may want to have this moved out of the France forum and put into the Italy, since Sicily is in Italy.

I was in Messina, Taormina & Castelmola this past summer and loved it. However, since we had private transportation I can't help with buses, etc. But it's my understanding that the roads are too narrow up to Castelmola and buses cannot go there. I don't know if the train goes there.

If you do a search on this topic on the Italy forum you will find where it has been discussed before.

Have a great cruise, Sicily is beautiful!

I agree this should get moved to the Italy Board.

However, there is a bus from Taormina to Castelmola. You would take a bus from the train station to the bus station to switch to the Castelmola bus.

A few years ago we stayed several days in Taormina and took the bus to Castelmola. The problem may be with the schedule. From mid-morning to mid-afternoon there were few, if any, buses.

We went for the morning and lunch. When we were ready to leave it was to be almost 2 hrs before the next bus. There were taxis available and we got one for 15 euro to return to Taormina.

I agree this should get moved to the Italy Board.

However, there is a bus from Taormina to Castelmola. You would take a bus from the train station to the bus station to switch to the Castelmola bus.

A few years ago we stayed several days in Taormina and took the bus to Castelmola. The problem may be with the schedule. From mid-morning to mid-afternoon there were few, if any, buses.

We went for the morning and lunch. When we were ready to leave it was to be almost 2 hrs before the next bus. There were taxis available and we got one for 15 euro to return to Taormina.

Thank you for your reply. Where did you get on the bus at Taormina? I have been trying to find where the bus location is located from the train station. That is a great idea to use a taxi to take back to Taromina since we are on a schedule.

"Where did you get on the bus at Taormina? I have been trying to find where the bus location is located from the train station. "

The train station, Taormina/Giardini-Naxos, is below the town of Taormina. I would guess that it is a mile or so from the station to the bus depot.

The depot, really a parking lot with a ticket booth, is at the top of the main road from the station to the town. The bus from the station to the town runs frequently and would drop you at the depot. I feel like you could also get a taxi if you didn't want to wait for the bus.

"Where did you get on the bus at Taormina? I have been trying to find where the bus location is located from the train station. "

The train station, Taormina/Giardini-Naxos, is below the town of Taormina. I would guess that it is a mile or so from the station to the bus depot.

The depot, really a parking lot with a ticket booth, is at the top of the main road from the station to the town. The bus from the station to the town runs frequently and would drop you at the depot. I feel like you could also get a taxi if you didn't want to wait for the bus.

Thank you very much!! You were lots of help.

Archived