compare NOLA port and Fulton garage escape times after cruise

Sophia2007

We are cruising from NOLA on 3/25/12 Sunday, for a week. Returning on 4/1/12. I guess basketball tournie in town at some point starting that week.

My question is: we have a 12 hour drive back to Indy after getting off the ship. I want to get out of the terminal and parking area asap and as easily as possible. So, which parking place would fit the bill the best?

Park at the port or down the street at Fulton?

Thank you for you help. We are getting so excited for our first 7 day cruise! Just hate the driving! But family of 5 - flying is soooo expensive.

The Port Terminal is going to be your quickest vehicle access. Of course everyone in your group will need to do self debarkation (carry all luggage off).

However, the Fulton Place Garage shouldn't add more than 15 minutes for shuttle service to arrive and if your able to call for shuttle pickup just before you get to Customs, the shuttle maybe waiting at the terminal entrance.

I'm using the Fulton Place Garage mid Jan and will try and provide a more accurate time frame when I return. I do know the Port Parking Terminal is very congested and if the parking garage if full you could be directed to the Whale Lot which could slow down your departure time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We parked at the Fultan Street lot during our cruise last November. No problem at all. After disembarkation our baggage porter took us directly to the proper shuttle and we were driving north on I 10 in less than 30 minutes. We will park there again next time.

We parked at the Fultan Street lot during our cruise last November. No problem at all. After disembarkation our baggage porter took us directly to the proper shuttle and we were driving north on I 10 in less than 30 minutes. We will park there again next time.

We have used Fulton Place Parking several times with no issues. Our last trip didn't go quite so well but not awful. We had to wait after disembarkation as a full shuttle left and there was no real organization for waiting and keeping track of who was there first. We were told the area to wait and there were more people waiting than there was room on the next shuttle. There were just two of us and we were able to get on the next shuttle but a larger group had to wait again. Our next cruise is a short one so we will probably park at the cruise terminal since the total cost difference isn't so great.

Archived