NOLA Parking Dilemma

momof4_tn

We are cruising out of NOLA this Sat, Jan 7th on Voyager of the Seas. I was planning to use Fulton Street Parking, but when I went out today to reserve it says they are full. I thought I had read somewhere you didn't neccesarily have to reserve ahead, but thought I would anyway. So, now it appears that is not an option. Looked at Macchu Pichhu Tours and their website says they prefer you wait until noon or later to head to the cruise pier with them. We are driving in Saturday morning so I really don't want to get there and have to wait at their parking facility for noon. Plus $14 per day vs $16 at the port just not sure it's worth it. When we get off this ship the following Saturday, we're going to be ready to head for home quickly.

Questions.

Is it really that bad now getting into the parking at the port?

Anyone know what the "oversized vehicle" means? I don't want to get there and it be my only option for them to tell me we have to pay $32 per day. Does that apply to the whale lot or just the Erato Parking Garage?

What would you recommend?

We are cruising out of NOLA this Sat, Jan 7th on Voyager of the Seas. I was planning to use Fulton Street Parking, but when I went out today to reserve it says they are full. I thought I had read somewhere you didn't neccesarily have to reserve ahead, but thought I would anyway. So, now it appears that is not an option. Looked at Macchu Pichhu Tours and their website says they prefer you wait until noon or later to head to the cruise pier with them. We are driving in Saturday morning so I really don't want to get there and have to wait at their parking facility for noon. Plus $14 per day vs $16 at the port just not sure it's worth it. When we get off this ship the following Saturday, we're going to be ready to head for home quickly.

Questions.

Is it really that bad now getting into the parking at the port?

Anyone know what the "oversized vehicle" means? I don't want to get there and it be my only option for them to tell me we have to pay $32 per day. Does that apply to the whale lot or just the Erato Parking Garage?

What would you recommend?

First oversized refers to taking more than one parking space. If you have an oversize vehicle you will be directed to the Whale Lot at the same price $32/day. You are apparently leaving TN very early Sat AM (may want to adjust your departure time). Even though Macchu Pichhu will be shuttling passengers from the ship, I think they would have no problem taking your group on a pick up run. You could also check the Fulton Place Garage in case there is a no show.

Just checking ship traffic for NOLA, Jan 7 only has the Voyager inport however Jan 14 has Voyager and Elation inport which will really create confusion and congestion in the port parking venues. It was congested when there were only two ships in NOLA but now there are 4 using the parking facilities.

Archived