Princess Cruisers Should Not Book Carnival!

UpcountryTravelers

I agree with needing a change. On our recent B2B from Sapphire to Golden Princess, I felt like we just moved to a different part of the ship instead of a different ship. Both ships had the identical menus, identical shows, same schedule of trivia, bingo, etc, same furnishings... I asked the Hotel Director about how the 2 ships look and act so similar even though they are so different, and he said Princess is trying to make things the same fleetwide so people feel they get "what they expect" out of Princess. Well, I frankly found it boring by the end. One cruise was the Coastal on Sapphire and one was an Alaska cruise right after, so even though the itiniaries were vastly different, they felt identical inside the ship. I said to my DH afterward, we have GOT to try another line.

So we went on Disney in December.

And now we are going on Carnival Splendor for Spring Break.

And then Allure of the Seas for 2013...

Variety is the spice of life, IMHO.

Katherine

Someone mentioned clientele and domestic violence on Carnival. That can happen in all ships. Two years ago on Cunard's QM2 we were returning to the cabin around midnight and there was a real noisy argument about 5 doors down that had spilled into the corridor. The couples 2 teenage sons were trying to calm the situation when the man hit his wife full in the face!

Archived