Anyone ever stay Seattle Southcenter area?

frani

We will be sailing on the Sapphire 8/21 & flying in day before early to see some of Seattle (also to go to Chateau St Michelle - my favorite wine). To cut costs we planned on using Hilton Honors points for a room. Unfortunately, the Hampton Inn in town is sold out for point usage & the Doubletree Guest Suites in Southcenter is available.

We will have a car & just curious how far into town & what are parking prices in town? The Doubletree airport is available but wants $12 to park there. That's ridiculous!!!!

Any suggestion.

If it is the Doubletree on Southcenter Pkwy, it is located about 2 blocks from the mall, walking distance to lots of places to eat, around the corner from Target. I have never stayed there though. It is located about a 10-15 minute drive (depending on traffic could take up to 30 minutes, but not too often) into the city on I-5 and you are also located close to the I-405 which takes you to the Winery. Parking in the downtown area are many different rates, it is more pricey in the heart of downtown, there are many lots that are reasonably priced. If you park in the heart of dt you will pay for the location.

But you are saving $$$ by using your points for the hotel.

I hope this helps.

Archived